Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
Now that my transfer from DFW to ATL is complete, I'm being exposed to cities and routes that are completely new to me...and I have a few questions*:

(1) Is HPN always a zoo?

(2) For those people who live near APF and hate jet noise: didn't your realtor tell you there was an airport there? Do you know what a CRJ at V2+15 and 78% N1 flies like?

(3) Are all Canadians embalmed? (How else do you explain a city like YUL thriving at -15C?)

(4) Why does everybody in ATL--from the hotel van drivers, through the shop clerks and waitresses, all the way to the rampers and gate agents--hate passengers?

*...with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

1. Yes, that's why we call it the "Peoples Republic of White Planes". Very unique airport (I'm being polite).

2. ?

3. Embalmed with Moosehead, and it really works!

4. Because it gets tiring hating just us.

:D

Do you fly the ATL to APF route for Delta???

People will always complain in Naples, they're old, rich and have nothing to do.

You think APF is bad. Try HTO, SMO or basically any place there are rich folk and an airport. HPN is one of them.

When they were putting in the houses on the hill at HPN by the north runway my boss was pissed. He knew that they would be the first people complaining.

So he flew the localizer a dot right, a dot low, and one engine out of sync. Some days I swear i could tell what the people in the pool were drinking.

Another of my favorites is ocean reef. A private strip and when you land over the top of the golf course they all give you the finger. But your there to pick THEM up. Go figure.

1. Yup HPN is a giant Cluster, add bad weather and center delays and you can get hosed, tower is full of trainnees and there are not enough gates, when 1 flight is delayed, it fouls up everything. Was there six months ago and traffic was backed up road side for an hoour so the storm troopers could search every car entering. Delayed our flight.

2. As far as APF goes, I think that "The Peoples Republic of Naples" would appy there. They don't want to drive ALL the way to RSW but have a fit when the jet they want to use out of the airport they want to use disturbs their afternoon soap viewing or golf game. At least they will all die of old age soon. (God's waiting room in Florida ya know)

3. Why would anyone want to live outside of Texas anyway??

4. The AirTran folks at ATL are pretty nice.

Not all the people in Naples are old. Unless you consider under 20 old. The location of the airport is not the best.
This town is growing way too fast, and the airport is next to very valuable land (a.k.a: close to the water).
Back in the days, the airport was way out there and the land arround was just mangroves. Now the average house on the west side of the airport is a couple millions and on the east side its closing on the million (with quite a few communities that are well into the million dollar range). The airport traffic, from what I understand wasn't as bad back in the days as it is now.

Due to this, people believe they have the right to make a situation out of nothing. Yes, some planes do make quite a bit of noise (I renting a condo 5 miles from the airport, spend quite a bit of time in a house almost lined up with 05, and the house we bought is probably line up with 14). However, the noise level is far from being a nuisance, even in this condo that lets a lot of noise in. The road noise is a lot louder and disturbing, not to mention that it doesn't stop.

A few are always going to complain about anything and everything. It used to be that airport noise was a pretty important issue, but it's not anymore. The last thing I've heard about it was in the summer. RSW is under fire though since they want to add a rwy to support increase traffic (they need to expand that airport quickly). It's not because of those few people that complain, that the whole town is like that.

People can complain all they want, but I think Naples airport and the Delta Jet are here to stay. There is too much money at stake (from Naples businesses) for a law banning their CRJ.

Latest resources

Back