New US Startup Orders 65 Airbuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
doesn't RyanAir fly all boeing?"

actually this place is probable going to develop the hub there and sell out to someone else

Probably. I was thinking more along the lines of "cheap cheap cheap", but then charge for everything . . .. like RyanAirs lovely charging for ANY bag that goes in the belly, charing for pop, that sort of thing.

Guess I couldn't fault anyone who wants to work there. QOL better be darned high for what they're gonna pay, and I'm pretty sure that ain't gonna happen.

Hell, I doubt they'll make it anyway. JetBlue tried the same thing .. .you think they'd be beating the pants of Southwest with the high cost of SWA's pilot and all. Yet being the cheapest dosen't make you the best.

Here's a thought: pay professionals what they're worth, treat them like white collar employee's, and they'll work their hearts out for you (aka Southwest). Do the opposite, and you get Mesa, where no-one gives a crap and only does the absolute bare contractual minimums. Skybus, I suspect, will be more like JB than SWA. It's a classic beancounter trap, and they can't help themselves.

Skybus, what a gay name..."I work for Skybus." It surely doesn't command much respect. What are these people thinking?

And people wonder why were are treated like bus drivers in the sky . . .

Cute butterfly.

Actually, clientel excluded, I'd rather fly for an airline named GoJets than one called Skybus (which I bet will blossom to be the trailer park of the sky). Skybus is going to be a short term joke- sorta like that clown outfit that some DB wants to start up called "Air Gumbo". An outfit composed of CRJ-200 aircraft that will serve gumbo and play Jazz music. All of this is to coincide with a base in Louisiana.

Didn't someone already create a hub out of Columbus anyway??? How did that work out for them???

Jetblue and Airtran have some very experienced management that study passenger markets 24/7, have established products, and financial strength. Yet, they are both reducing aircraft orders over the next few years. If CMH provides a viable market for an LCC you can bet that both JB and Airtran would be racing into the market and that SW would already be there. They're not. CMH is a small to medium market at best that is already well served.

Believe it when I see it. Even then, it will be a RyanAir clone, and that would SUCK for pilots and flight attendants.

From another soverytired post:
"As a Mesa pilot, I'm cheering for this to succeed, because I like to see our company expand (and get 737's someday . . . I think we're the next RyanAir circa 5-10 years from now . . .another story)"
Someone changed their tune a little.;)

Latest resources

Back