New United vacancy bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Azul

Heard on our (CAL) crackpipe that you guys have a new bid out with around 40 new widebody slots. Does anyone know if they are going to need to start recalling now? Thanks

I doubt you'll see any recalls. It's probably a shift of flying or new flying. Regardless, UAL is overstaffed from what I hear, so it'll just make it more "right" sized. Plus, CAL wouldn't be hiring furloughed UAL guys, regardless of the Transition Agreement, if they were gonna recall. It's not like 40 widebody slots just suddenly appeared. Just my thoughts though......

I doubt you'll see any recalls. It's probably a shift of flying or new flying. Regardless, UAL is overstaffed from what I hear, so it'll just make it more "right" sized. Plus, CAL wouldn't be hiring furloughed UAL guys, regardless of the Transition Agreement, if they were gonna recall. It's not like 40 widebody slots just suddenly appeared. Just my thoughts though......

Your thoughts on "widebodies" are apropos.. I mean your avatar and all makes you pretty qualified. :D

There are also 320 captain bids out. Most of the bids are widebody but that's what the majority of our fleet is so that's not surprising.

Latest resources

Back