Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DiverDriver

Welcome to The Fall.
AWAC has announced that they are participating in an RFP for United Express flying. Anyone know what flying is up for bid? Has this been discussed somewhere else I didn't see?

With UAL finishing up tossing 100 737's in the desert, and the ability to add unlimited 70 seaters, I would think if these 50 seaters get replaced with anything it will be a 70 seater.

In fact if the CAL merger is really imminent I wouldn't be surprised to see them start stocking up on 70's.

Yes CAL has scope, but I could see a hole if they were merging with a company that didn't. Perhaps 70 seaters frozen at whatever was on the property at the time of merger.

With AWAC having the ability to add 18 90 seaters (per the BAC-jet scope hole) if UAL wanted to pull the tirgger on the CRJ-1000 they better do it now. However I don't see AWAC ponying up the cash to buy these things unless they were sure of a 10+ year commitment.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a regional company help UAL finance new mainline aircraft in exchange for a regional jet contract of their own.

Pay to play seems to be the new way.

With UAL finishing up tossing 100 737's in the desert, and the ability to add unlimited 70 seaters, I would think if these 50 seaters get replaced with anything it will be a 70 seater.

In fact if the CAL merger is really imminent I wouldn't be surprised to see them start stocking up on 70's.

Yes CAL has scope, but I could see a hole if they were merging with a company that didn't. Perhaps 70 seaters frozen at whatever was on the property at the time of merger.

With AWAC having the ability to add 18 90 seaters (per the BAC-jet scope hole) if UAL wanted to pull the tirgger on the CRJ-1000 they better do it now. However I don't see AWAC ponying up the cash to buy these things unless they were sure of a 10+ year commitment.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a regional company help UAL finance new mainline aircraft in exchange for a regional jet contract of their own.

Pay to play seems to be the new way.

Awac is one of the few companies that has the financing to pull a large aircraft order off in the first place, so I would not doubt it could happen. Hell, they could probably buy the aircraft in cash.

Latest resources

Back