New "tool" for the box ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

polysciguy9

I know how much you guys enjoy these stories, so I thought I'd share with you what I saw today. I was returning from a solo flight when I walked into the FBO and saw a guy wearing a pilot's uniform (shirt, pants, tie, epaulettes). He seemed a bit strange because he was young (early 20s) and looked like a heroine addict with the veins, tatoos and what not. I was trying to look him over and see who he flew for. I noticed that his pilot's shirt had several stains on it, and he was wearing a belt you might wear to a club, but not on the flightline. The guy obviously hadn't shaved in a few days either. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the pin on id/badges he was wearing (I don't know what these are called, the one's pilot's put their ID in so they can get through security) ... I @#$! you not, one was his driver's license, and the other was a pass from this month's AOPA conference here in Tampa.

Now wait, here's the best part, and I swear to God I'm not lying about this ... there was some company called "Sun City Center" printed on his shirt (it was sorta covered by the gold jump wings he had affixed to his shirt). Well when I got home and looked it up online, it turns out that it's a retirement community here in Tampa ... the guy put epaulettes on his busboy shirt! To top that, I talked to my instructor later on ... the guy was there for a discovery flight.

I couldn't make this stuff up - seriously. I should have taken a picture.

be nice now...someday, that guy might get a job at one of those "sky chef" type companies and remember you the next time he has to deliver crew meals to the airport.

So I am sitting in Chick-Filet the other day and some girl and some guy walk in in blue flight suits with wings on them. They also had some thin pin stipes on the epauletts (never seen a flight suit with epauletts before) the guy had three and the girl had two. I am thinking to myself this is kinda odd, the are at least 10 miles from the nearest airport and it is barley big enough to support small corp jets. I take a wild guess and figure they must be part of some aeromedical crew, I am thinking helicopter crew at this point. I try to take a closer look and try to find some sort of company ID or something but I couldn't get close enough without making a spectical of myself. I follow the two out the door and see them get into one of those new ambulances that is built on a 18-wheeler frame. Struck me as kinda funny since most EMTs wear polo shirts and special pants that have lots of pockets. Wow, everybody tries to look like a pilot nowadays.

Yes....I believe you...

I instructed out of the Tampa/St.Pete/CLW area for 3 years and I have witnessed stuff just like that. Funny about his shirt... I had students in their 70s who lived in Sun City Center too. What a hoot.

Thanks for the lucid trip down memory lane....:nuts:

Thedude said:
So I am sitting in Chick-Filet the other day and some girl and some guy walk in in blue flight suits with wings on them. They also had some thin pin stipes on the epauletts (never seen a flight suit with epauletts before) the guy had three and the girl had two. I am thinking to myself this is kinda odd...
The guy had three pinstripes and the girl had two? What's so odd about that? I think you answered your own question home slice.
:laugh: :beer: :nuts:

Last edited:
Somehow I thought the title to the original thread was going to be about something else!!! ;)

Inconceivable said:
There goes Pinnacle's next Chief Pilot.....

(appologies to Sean Connery and TM)

LMAO! Sadly, it would probably be an improvement over TM. ;)

Latest resources

Back