• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New to Forum - Training for Regional...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you get in the lull of another job, then you must enjoy that other job, so what's the problem?

I think you need to slow down and relax a bit. There's nothing wrong with reaching a regional after 25, and you'll enjoy it a lot more if you stop and smell the roses along the way. Besides, what happens if you don't get a job right out of the RAA? You'll have spent all that money and not be marketable at all with only 500 hours. Will you come away with any CFI certificates or not?

I have an idea. Go to the pilot mill, get your interview, get on with regional flying RJ, (with little time and even less experience, you will not even know the difference between shat and shinola), take the RJ on a joy ride to "four one farkin' oh, dude", yankin' and bankin' all the way up with the yoke in one hand, your crank in the other, some drool rollin' down from the side of your chin, so far behind the power curve that you have nailed the lid shut on the "coffin" corner, still not realize that your shat vs. shinola knowledge is severely lacking, and well.........

Yep. Better take that myopia and focus on what's REALLY important. It's not knowledge. It's not experience. It's getting your serverely limited butt into the seat of an RJ before it's ready. Go for it. But please send me your schedule every month so my family and I, along with everyone I know, can avoid those flights.

Last edited:
This seems like flame bait, this guy already made his mind up. Why are you asking for advice now(after you have already decided)? It would be too late even if you wanted to change your mind. I think he may just be looking for justification for blowing $80K on a barbie jet type.

If you were just a bit more resourceful and got out of this huge school for a rating mode, you could have easily gone to an FBO nearby or transferred to nearby Iowa Central Community College or Northern Iowa Community College. I'm sure your fiancee would have been infinitely happier if you put a little more effort into seeing what's available.

Well, first of all -
As far as "Smelling the Roses" - look here : www.swissperpetual.com/arizona.html

Or,,, better yet! Here (more literally) : http://www.swissperpetual.com/jddpj21.html

Point made...

Secondly - Yes, I am looking for justification. No, I can't pull out at this point either way. I was moreso looking for "FUTURE ADVICE" from experienced pilots, instead of a bunch of dip***ts telling me what I've done wrong. My original post laid it right out that I know there are many ways to go about it all. I was only hoping for knowledgeable advice that would help me from where I am... So far - none of you have given me a bit of help or hints as to what the future might hold, or any options I have from here. All you have done is belittled what I have already accomplished, and my goals and my dreams... I just wish someone had like,,, oh i don't know,,, maybe interview tips, or, reccomemded regionals to get on with and such info like that.

Please - you can spare me your personal opinions about the choice i've "already" made, and what you "think" of my school...

How bout some real honest good advice??? Anyone??? Anyone at all???

Last edited:
Jay, a simple, yet effective plan for your future, and one that will pay dividends far higher than what you spend on flight school - FINISH COLLEGE! If you could finish somewhere else (other than an online school) in one semester, than go for it. This will pay dividends far and above whatever you are going to be spending on ratings, training, etc. Not being a college grad does not mean anything to most people, but it can to an employer . . .aviation or otherwise. Plus, you are too close to give up. I agree with Ralgha - once you're out, there are too many life issues that will stand in the way of going back. You can start at a regional when you are 25, or 35 . . . don't worry about life passsing you by for now; worry about that when you start losing your hair, your marriage, and your job! For now, take it easy. Best regards.

Thanks swcom... You have gained my respect...

Another symester wouldn't kill me...

If I don't have a job by the time Spring Symester starts, and I'm waiting to hear back on interviews (which may be the case) I am definately considering going back to SCSU to finish. It would be faster then doing the online stuff, and I might be waiting to get in anyways? Either way - I have something to keep me busy, and proceeding forward, whether it be a job, or more education...

Point well observed...

Personally, I'd work on losing the double chin so you can get all the chicks that a 500 hour regional F/O deserves. Good luck with that!

Art V.

Hey thanks for the advice! If I wanted to get chics though, I wouldn't even have to loose the double chin! There's plenty of brainless plastic women in Scottsdale that would probably be content enough as it is if I tell them I'm a pilot!

I'm quite content with my fiance` though.

I know the whole guaranteed interview things seems to be bull, but the website says 100% interview with 98% job placement withing 45 days! I've talked to former students and I've heard nothing but good things. I'm really considering their first officer program. I already have a 4 year degree with 500 hours. I know that they are placing people at express jet, american eagle, air wisconsin, and some others. What do you guys think? I've already done the search for PFT and Regional Airline Academy. But most of the posts are a couple years old. It seems like RAA has gone through some changes and more regionals are working with them. Another reason why I like it is because it's in AZ, so I wouldn't have to move.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back