Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c.j.

Hello Everyone-

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, however, I'm thinking about producing a TV show about cool jobs. One job that has been selected is a pilot. I'm not sure yet (as the show won't be produced for quite some time) if I want to focus on a airline pilot (regional or major), corporate pilot, or a freight pilot. My question now is, what is the most feasible and or what would I have the best chance at focusing.

Production is set for sometime next fall. Thank you for all of your help.

CJ

shoot, you can focus on all three......just make sure you mention how much work goes into each one and how their lives outside of work go.

I think its about time the Freight Dawgs get their time in the spotlight. I've seen my fair share of TV programs on Airline/Regional Pilots, Corporate Pilots, but I can't think of hardly any that I've ever seen on the cargo haulers.

Almost all those guys have an interesting story to tell, and to me it's a little more adventerous (flying into crappy weather on pitch black nights with no weather radar, and in some airplanes that are held together by duct tape!) And not just the FedEx, UPS cargo haulers, I'd be more interested in the mom-and-pop companies, and smaller companies that dont have the sheer manpower and support that the bigger companies do.

Thats just my .02

Air and Space

Back in the summer of 2000, A & S ran an article on "Fr8dawgs" out of YIP, it is a good snapshot of the life of YIP cargo pilot. Could be a good source of info.

User997 said:
I think its about time the Freight Dawgs get their time in the spotlight. I've seen my fair share of TV programs on Airline/Regional Pilots, Corporate Pilots, but I can't think of hardly any that I've ever seen on the cargo haulers.

Almost all those guys have an interesting story to tell, and to me it's a little more adventerous (flying into crappy weather on pitch black nights with no weather radar, and in some airplanes that are held together by duct tape!) And not just the FedEx, UPS cargo haulers, I'd be more interested in the mom-and-pop companies, and smaller companies that dont have the sheer manpower and support that the bigger companies do.

Thats just my .02

I fully agree. Actually thanks for typing all that so I didn't have to.

Latest resources

Back