• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

w8n4swa

...in OAK!
Hello fellow poolies,

I have just updated the pool list with a few changes...thanks Shooter38....and Mark should be posting the list soon.

First, each poolie is now numbered indicating who went to classes this year and who's yet to go. Each individual can subtract their number by the number of the last person in the last class to see how deep the pool currently is. The numbers may change update to update when new members join in...remember this is only a crude list and is no way to be used as the gospel.

Second, Shooter38 suggested the projected dates for stop/loss be added. I'm for giving this a try and will need the projected dates for you stop/loss people. No promises of making this work, my computer skills are somewhat limited, but I'll give it a try.

For future poolie's, remember to send your stats to the email address listed above the list. All I'll need is your Member Name, Interview Date, Type Date, Stop/Loss yes or no, and projected stop/loss date if needed. Your resumes aren't necessary.

Well, I'll cross my fingers and see if I made the update come out properly. Mike really paved the way for this list and I probably wouldn't have attempted this without his work....thanks Mike!

Any suggestions are welcomed.

To all you new poolie's....Welcome Aboard!!!

Last edited:
The new list looks great, and Dan is continuing Mike's great service...

Seeing as the list takes the whole width of the screen, I thought of an improvement to my previous suggestion of having a stop/loss availability date.

Instead of having a stop/loss column, change it to an availability column.

This way it will work for both civilians and military.

For civilians, I am guessing that most will have Immediate availability, but there may be some due to personal or training contracts that will have a future date.

For military put your actual earliest terminal leave or separation date. In actual, I mean approved stop/loss waiver or papers in hand. If your waiver was denied, or you don't think you will get one, put Stop/Loss. If you don't have the waiver or haven't applied for one yet, but have a Reserve/ANG job and WG/CC support, put your earliest terminal date.

The net result will be that one will be able to pull the stop/lossed and people with commitments out of the list relative to their expected class date.

Shooter38,

I think that's a great idea. How about for the time being, I'll leave all the "No's" as being available immediately. That way there it won't require a whole lot of changes on the list. The "Yes's" can be changed to the soonest available dates from the members who participate. Anyone with Stop/Loss who knows when they will be available for a classdate, please send in your dates to the list update.

Also, being the first time on updating the list, I noticed a few mistakes that I'll be correcting......one of them being the width of the graph. It was pointed out to me that not everyone uses the 800 X 600 screen settings. I'll be shrinking this up a bit for better viewing. I wouldn't have attempted all this without Mark and Mike's help...Thanks guys!!

w8n4swa
Thanks for continuing the work. I'm not sure if I'm getting your latest copy. It's been suggested to number the individuals. Has that been done? I don't see that in the copy I access. Is it my ISP that's causing the problem? Just curious.
As for the suggestion to put an available date in the stop loss column, not a bad idea. However, for those of us affected by stop loss, it's hard to predict. You can bet the day they lift stop loss, most of us will be available immediately. Until then, the word I've been told is "indefinate".

ATKTK -
That's exactly what I meant, for those under stop/loss with no waiver, it will just say Stop/Loss.

For those not under Stop/Loss: Civilians, select Army, Marines and Navy not covered by Stop/Loss, and those of us AF with waivers, will put their availability date. In many cases I'm guessing it will be 'Immediate'.

Then if you see that 3 people above you have availability dates in Oct 02, and your pool date is Nov 01 (hopefully a May training date), then they will not really be a factor.

ps - you should see the numbers down the left side in front of the names.

w8n4swa -
Another reason for actual availability is that I have emailed and talked to several military people who are in the pool, and can't get out reguardless of stop/loss till fall due to training (ADSC) contract commitments. Right now, they have 'No' under Stop/loss because it is so far off and they assume it will be over late summer.

Last edited:
ATKTK

Try hitting the F5 key or the "refresh" button on your browser ...

BTW for those watching the tea leaves, the average wait for a class date is 171 days:

High man: Jesse with 200 days!
Low man: T-4 with 156

Hope we break T-4's record soon!!

First of all, thanks W8n for the new list. Having a number there is just about as good as a seniority number.

1. Does anyone have a WAGuess about the ratio of listed poolies to the real list in DAL? I'm guessing around 4:1 but I have no idea where I came up with that. Probably I'm also guessing that a better way to guess a class date is to add 171 days to the pool date, assuming they keep hiring. Right?

2. Speaking of which, JM has said that there are no officially official class dates beyond April, pending how the first quarter goes. Does anyone know when they will announce the first quarter results?

3. Interesting rumor: I heard that at some point, one by one, as all the 300/500's go through their D checks, that they will be retrofitted with all glass like the 700's. I think this is for 2 reasons: A. With "Free Flight" on the horizon, the feds want all airplanes going direct to have a moving map. This would allow SWA to go direct to most places and save billions of dollars, thereby running a more efficient operation. B. SWA realizes that pilots want to fly cool glass.

4. Now that I hopefully got this avtar thing figured out, how do you guys put little quotes under your name, instead of where it says "Junior Member?" I sure hope my skills at learning flows come more quickly than my computer skills have. Otherwise, "How'd you like to supersize that today?"

At least I thought I had the Avtar figured out. I tried to put a cool picture in it but it keeps saying the image size is too large. So I kept trying to reduce the resolution but it still didn't work.
Geez. I think I'm beginning to smell the fries here.

1st Qtr Results

PTinbound said:

"...Speaking of which, JM has said that there are no officially official class dates beyond April, pending how the first quarter goes. Does anyone know when they will announce the first quarter results?"

According to the SWA investor relations web page 1st qtr results will be announced 18 Arpil.

Can we hold our breath that long?

Latest resources

Back