New SWA interview format

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roughneck

Cliped from internal memo sent out this afternoon. Looks like the process has changed slightly. Looks like a half day interview now with a panel interview instead of the 1 on 1.

...As always, having a 737 Type Rating is important, since candidates with this type rating would be available for class immediately following their selection. Current application minimums can be reviewed at southwest.com. However, please be aware that those are only the minimum requirements needed to submit an application. All applications are carefully screened for career progression, job history, Pilot-in-command experience, college degree, status as a Flight Examiner, and currency. We also try to pull candidates with a variety of backgrounds to form a well-rounded interview group. At Southwest, we hire for attitude and train for aptitude. The goal of the interview day is to find candidates who have the qualifications listed above and who also display a Servant’s Heart, Warrior Spirit, and, of course, Fun-LUVing Attitude.
The interview groups are made up of six applicants in the morning and six applicants in the afternoon. The half-day interview in Dallas begins with a tour of Headquarters, fingerprinting, and paperwork, followed by a panel interview consisting of the candidate, a Pilot, and a Recruiter. A second interview focuses directly on the applicant’s logbook and flight history and is conducted by a Pilot. The last event is a Line Oriented Interview conducted by two Pilots......

Last edited:
And that attitude right there is why most airlines today are failing. We just don't know how to serve in order to lead...

CLOWN sounds good send me your resume and I will work it for ya!

No thanks. Two of my buds are sending buddy passes so I can go into their lounges with them and meet the Chief Pilots. They both think I'm a sure thing.

nothing is a sure thing Clown.

nothing is a sure thing Clown.

I can't believe it - the other day I actually agreed with the General and today I agree with your post. Amazing!

Thank you for refraining from military-bash in your response to the Clown.

I actually think he was yanking chain, but if not I wonder if Clown knows about the Pilot Decsion Board "star chamber" that really makes the hiring decisions here??

Schlong,

BD

I can't believe it - the other day I actually agreed with the General and today I agree with your post. Amazing!

Thank you for refraining from military-bash in your response to the Clown.

I actually think he was yanking chain, but if not I wonder if Clown knows about the Pilot Decsion Board "star chamber" that really makes the hiring decisions here??

Schlong,

BD

That's where my ins are bro. If I can make it to the board, then I'm golden. One of my buddies is a senior check airman, the other is a very senior Capt.

Don't worry, when I meet you in the jet way you'll never know who I am.

Latest resources

Back