Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New startup CQAir? Some serious concerns...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys, whatever happened to common sense???
Ever heard of buyer beware or if it's too good to be true it probably is??
For starters, no company - even a start-up - would send out emails to "select" pilots soliciting applications from them. A legit company does the complete opposite - you apply to them!
And to ask for SS either over the phone or in an email. Really, that's asking for trouble. Identity theft come to mind?
In the past there have been plenty of scammers going after unwary pilots and raking in the money.
Bottom line: DO NOT TOUCH THEM!!! Even with the proverbial barge pole.
A legit company is able to answer ANY question, has listed numbers, and a proper website. Do your due diligence then follow your instincts.

b757driver said:
Hey guys, whatever happened to common sense???
Ever heard of buyer beware or if it's too good to be true it probably is??
For starters, no company - even a start-up - would send out emails to "select" pilots soliciting applications from them. A legit company does the complete opposite - you apply to them!
And to ask for SS either over the phone or in an email. Really, that's asking for trouble. Identity theft come to mind?
In the past there have been plenty of scammers going after unwary pilots and raking in the money.
Bottom line: DO NOT TOUCH THEM!!! Even with the proverbial barge pole.
A legit company is able to answer ANY question, has listed numbers, and a proper website. Do your due diligence then follow your instincts.

Hmmm. Perhaps, except in this day and age of sites like "monster.com" and "climbto350.com" it's not out of the question to get an email directing you to their corporate website to apply. The typical email was something like "come check out our operation" and they have posted some job postings on aviation job websites.

Once you get to the website, you find what looks mostly like a legit operation. There's an application to download that has standard items on it like 10 year history and SSN (turns out this application is IDENTICAL to the one that Pinnacle uses, just with name/logo changed).

The issues started to arise when people started receiving questionable emails after applying. I just wanted to pass the info along since on the surface they seem like a legit company, but after a more thorough investigation more and more questions arise.

If I get anymore info, I'll be sure to pass it along. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you steer clear!

paulsalem said:
I noticed that the site had ads on it placed by google.

A bit odd for a corporation.

It's not just a bit odd...It's a real scam, DO NOT TOUCH THAT...

I think this thread should be "stickeyed" (or however you spell that) to the regional board. Anyone agree?

This almost reads as a college project or something. the job descriptions do not sound very professional at all. If it is an legit airline wouldn't they need qualified Dispatchers etc. this is a scam....

paid4training said:
This almost reads as a college project or something. the job descriptions do not sound very professional at all. If it is an legit airline wouldn't they need qualified Dispatchers etc. this is a scam....

You have the BEST avatar. You're my hero!

Latest resources

Back