• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SKW domicile-SFO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very loosely related question: Where are the 22 CRJ700's just purchased going to be put? Across all the hubs or are specific locations being targeted?

Thanks in advance,

The Navin

Nobody is saying where they're going. If they don't change the original plan too drastically, ASA should get most of them.

:cool:Bluto...talked with one of our CP in SLC and he said that the order was going to be split right down the middle because "JERRY" is trying to keep both pilot groups happy! Who knows, I know that we are getting tired of not KNOWING what is going to happen next! Does Skywst mgmnt leave you guys hanging like this all the time?

Tomct,
Well, yeah they do. In their defense, I think it's less an intentionally misleading environment, and more an environment of uncertainty. They usually are pretty quick to let us know when they have something confirmed, but during negotiation (like the ASA purchase, for example) all the information comes from outside sources and wild speculation. In the past, our mgmt group has been fairly quick to communicate. I think now that our partners (since they're both bankrupt) aren't planning as far in advance, it's making our long-term plans less concrete. I don't think it's intentional, but it surely is annoying.

Giving 1/2 the airplanes to SkyWest wouldn't keep me happy if I was an ASA guy. Those were originally your aircraft orders. I wouldn't feel particularly happy if they gave you guys 1/2 of our pending orders either. I guess we'll see what happens. I like growth, but I don't care to yank the rug out from under ASA's or anyone else's feet.

Bluto said:
Tomct,
Well, yeah they do. In their defense, I think it's less an intentionally misleading environment, and more an environment of uncertainty. They usually are pretty quick to let us know when they have something confirmed, but during negotiation (like the ASA purchase, for example) all the information comes from outside sources and wild speculation. In the past, our mgmt group has been fairly quick to communicate. I think now that our partners (since they're both bankrupt) aren't planning as far in advance, it's making our long-term plans less concrete. I don't think it's intentional, but it surely is annoying.

Giving 1/2 the airplanes to SkyWest wouldn't keep me happy if I was an ASA guy. Those were originally your aircraft orders. I wouldn't feel particularly happy if they gave you guys 1/2 of our pending orders either. I guess we'll see what happens. I like growth, but I don't care to yank the rug out from under ASA's or anyone else's feet.

They also could not say anything about the purchase of ASA because of SEC rules...ie Martha Stewart. All I know is 90% of the people at ASA can't wait to have the corporate culture of Skywest. Not saying Skywest is perfect, just saying ASA's corporate culture is in the crapper. Since the inception of ASA, back in the day it has never been a people friendly place to work. Delta came in and it got better...but still 5 years behind everyone else. Technologically speaking, ASA is still in the last decade. I think and hope in due time Skywest Management will figure out whats the best way to run both companies. What I do know is making ASA like Skywest is a change no one at ASA has ever seen before. I am sure this is not the last aircraft order we will see...stay tuned

Latest resources

Back