New RJ Nickname

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jimcav said:
Yeah thats a good one. Lets lose a good paying mainline jet so some 22 yr old kid can fly a "jet" right out of college for 19k per yr.

Clacker said:
Good one.
In a similar vein, I once heard that "RJ" stood for "Our Jobs"

Then why did your MECs allow them to be contracted out to the commuters? Sounds like y'all have your own union to blame, not the pilots who fly them.

I really dont have a dog in that fight being that my airline only tried a brief rj feed then scrapped it. I just remember commuting on 727s on DAL until the rj became exclusive and many qualified pilots furloughed. A lot of good guys from legacies and JI ended up at places like Comair so I mean no disrespect. Im a former commuter guy as well and we all have to start somewhere but by and large the new breed of pilot makes me sick. Large jets are parked in the desert and 300 hr wonders are asking "Do ya think I can upgrade in less than 2 yrs?" Sorry but I just dont feel any nostalgia for the rj.

John P. apparently doesn't remember the commuter guys whining about how scope was hurting their career expectations. RJDC guys still seem to feel like they are being harmed by what little shred of scope remains intact.

BenderGonzales said:
John P. apparently doesn't remember the commuter guys whining about how scope was hurting their career expectations. RJDC guys still seem to feel like they are being harmed by what little shred of scope remains intact.

Your post doesn't make much sense. What relevance does the whining of commuter pilots have? Are you saying the mainline MECs caved on scope (allowing RJs at feeders) BECAUSE of the whining?

And I remember it clearly, because they're STILL whining.

Latest resources

Back