Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wxman13

Smells like burning
Saw this article today which alludes to another air carrier with a limited number of planes contemplating coming to Walla Walla, WA. ALW is currently served only by Horizon on 3 flights per day, and I wasn't aware of any other viable carriers. Big Sky operates a number of short runs in the WA-ID-MT area, but I was under the impression they were essentially operating under contract by Horizon. Could this be Skywest? Some new airline? I know that Skywest already has a number of daily flights out of nearby PSC operated as United Express and Delta Connection, so I would be kind of surprised if it was them...

Peter

Last edited:
wxman13 said:
Big Sky operates a number of short runs in the WA-ID-MT area, but I was under the impression they were essentially operating under contract by Horizon.

What's the source of this impression?

Word is that Big Sky has decided against going into Walla Walla...at least for now.

Our monopoly in the sweet onion capital continues...eeeeexcellent. /Mr. Burns

k_EAT: The source of my impression was seeing BSA planes parked alongside QX at SEA in the past, and departing out of gates labeled Horizon. Haven't seen that in a while though.

P-Dawg, I know you probably have nothing to do with it yourself, but QX's scheduling keeps getting worse and worse at ALW. I wish I knew who to blame. Last Saturday departure is now 11:30 AM? Yeah, the pax loadings were never fantastic, but people definitely won't fly if the times are bad and few and far between...

Latest resources

Back