• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

The latest Poolie list is out thanks to Mark..
As you can tell its starting to shape up nicely thanks to all your input..Keep up the good work..

I have gotten a few PMs about the same questions so let me respond to them here..

Several people have asked how the pool list works and what info is needed to get on the list..You wouldnt believe the different kinds of info i get when i really dont need much at all..

The pool list is based on the latest of either your type date or interview date..You will be put on the list based on where your latest date falls..This seems to be how SWA fills classes excluding certain "secret criteria" that we cant find out about..

The info i need is your full interview date...Month,day,year..Your type date...month,day,year.. a call sign,handle,or member name and if you are effected by the military stop loss programs..Thats it..Please dont send me your resume or DD14..LOLOL

Anyway..

The money you can spend here at SWA the first few weeks is pretty big..

Uniforms= $540 payroll deduction.
Welcome party funds= $20
Ronald Mcdonald house=$ 30
New really cool ties=$ 30
Bag tags=$6
Roll aboard bag =$350
Chart case= $290
Bomber Jacket=$450 payroll deduction.
Beer money=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Food=$
Gouge copies=$ 20
Ect.ect.ect.

See ya here on the 13th..

Mike

Hey Mark,

Question for ya regarding the bomber jacket: I'm waiting my "pool time" at Calex and we have the leather jackets also. I've checked out some SWA guys in the terminals over the years and ours seem to be the same thing. Do you know if they are made by Perone Leather in NY? The sleeves in mine have always been to long, and it has the CAL logo inside, but if it is the same maybe I can send it in and have it "souped up" to SWA standards..

Thanks!

S.B>

Your Perone leather jacket may be sent back to perone by the company to be turned into an SWA jacket. Don't know about the arms. Cost for conversion is about $80. I know the coex and skywest guys do this.

Thanks!! My wife will really be happy to hear that.. Took me 3 years to pay that dang thing off in the first place!

s.b

EFC-IN 5

Yes and no..
Yes you get paid while in school but you wont get a check right away..

In our case we started on the 31st of Jan..The next payday would have been the 5th of Feb..We will get half a months pay on the 20th of Feb which im told will be $1500 before deductions.

The way it was explained to me was a bit complicated but basicly you are paid two weeks behind while in school and then once out of school one of your checks will be for a whole months pay...

Once on the line your check on the 5th is half a month of pay in advance and the check on the 20th will be for a whole month less the advance you got paid on the 5th plus perdiem and any extra flying done during the month..

The 20th is always the biggest check of the month..

I hope i didnt screw this up and was able to answer your questions..

I hope to see you all in Dallas soon..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Latest resources

Back