Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blueridge71

Outlasted two companies
Midwest Airlines is asking for proposals to fly 50 seat jets under the Midwest Connect name. Skyway is not losing their 328 Jets. This would be additional flying.

ASA or Express Jet would be ideal for such a contract. ASA since our 50 seat costs are so low and Express Jet because they have a lot of airplanes that may soon be idle.

This nugget came from Aviation Daily (6/9/06).

Hopefully AWAC can get ahold of this one. The morale would skyrocket back up after being shoved out east.

I'm all for ExpressJet flying for MidWest. The only problem I see aside from that they should just grow their own feeder SkyWay, is that there is no place to mount the cookie oven in the ERJ galley. Then again since I don't drink coffee I guess they could lose the coffee maker and replace it with the cookie warmer. On the plus side I gaurantee that the captains would not have to be asked to turn the shed bus to override by the F/A's since it would delay the cookie baking process.

blueridge71 said:
Midwest Airlines is asking for proposals to fly 50 seat jets under the Midwest Connect name. Skyway is not losing their 328 Jets. This would be additional flying.

They're not losing 328's, they're losing B1900's which equates to a net loss of pilots overall. I don't have my Skyway contract in front of me, but Skyway does have scope. Exactly what that scope includes I have no idea.

On a slightly different note. If Midwest hires out it's flying, they will lose the only advantage they have over any other company; service. I don't care how good you think your companies service is, it doesn't compare to Midwest (or Skyway for that matter). Don't believe me, jumpseat on a B717 or D328.

Well since Midwest wants to make sure they keep a High quality of service I could easily see XJET getting this. We will see.

Superpilot92 said:
Well since Midwest wants to make sure they keep a High quality of service I could easily see XJET getting this. We will see.

I've never been on an xjet flight, so I don't know what the airplanes and service is like. From what I've seen Midwest and Skyway is far ahead of other companies (that I'm familiar with anyway) in cleanliness and service (Horizon is right there too, now that I think of it). Does experess jet vacuum the airplanes when they pass through the hub? Do the flight attendants cross the seat belts after every leg? Can an oven be installed in the ERJ so the flight attendants can serve fresh cookies (the thing I miss most about Skyway)? These are just a few things that they do to make your ride more enjoyable. I don't know if Midwest is looking to continue their tradition of excellent service (which admittidly is not what it used to be), I just hope that little Skyway Airlines isn't put out of business because they aren't cheap enough. Midwest also has a tradition of putting an entire work group out of jobs to save a money (there is no such thing as a Midwest ramp worker anymore), I hope this is not the case here.

DrewBlows said:
Does experess jet vacuum the airplanes when they pass through the hub? Do the flight attendants cross the seat belts after every leg? Can an oven be installed in the ERJ so the flight attendants can serve fresh cookies (the thing I miss most about Skyway)?

Yes, yes, and I don't know.

I can vouch for Midwest and Skyway service. I flew on one of their DC9s (MD80s?) and then their D328s a few years ago and the difference between their service and the usual PSA/USAir experience was quite noticeable.

You guys do a great job.

Latest resources

Back