New NWA Code Share???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KFFA

Just thinking the other day(I know it is dangerous) at cruise where and what (RJs?) would a new code share be with NWA? Would this be a new operation in either coast since Mesaba and Express1 already cover the middle? Or would this be pushing either or both out of the way? I don't know the politics much with NWA and its code shares?

KFFA said:
Just thinking the other day(I know it is dangerous) at cruise where and what (RJs?) would a new code share be with NWA? Would this be a new operation in either coast since Mesaba and Express1 already cover the middle? Or would this be pushing either or both out of the way? I don't know the politics much with NWA and its code shares?

The last time I checked NW already has regional code-shares with several other carriers. Out of Boston and LA they partner with American Eagle, Horizon in the Northwest, and Big Sky in the upper rocky mountain area. None of these code shares have enough capacity to support dedicated NW Airlink service. NW presently doesn't operate 'satellite cities' the way many other carriers do so any new Airlink agreements would have to be out of MEM/MSP/DTW.

The NW MEC passed a resolution about a year ago saying they would veto any attempts to start NW Airlink service with carriers other than Mesaba and Pinnacle. While anything is negotiable its nice to know that they are at least thinking about us. You really only need two pilot groups for effective whipsawing. However, you have more service interruptions should there be a strike and from what I read this morning Mesaba is one step closer.

Latest resources

Back