New NWA Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

festus

Aviation Daily Reports (aug 7) NWA ordered 20 new aircraft scheduled for delivery in 2003. 11 A319's, 6 757-300's, 3 A330's. Just passing along.

Sounds like good news!?
Maybe someday the company can start moving in the right direction to get us back to work.

Hey festus,

What's the link to that news clip?

Not to burst the bubble, but are you sure that's not the schedule of deliveries in 2003 for aircraft that were ordered 3 years ago?

It's just that NW announced last month that they're DECREASING the number of future single-aisle Airbus deliveries for the next few years...Here's the link for it:

http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/newsc/2002/pr071820020990.html

I think the wide-bodies and 757-300 are still supposed to arrive as scheduled.

Sorry...

could be

I saw it on Kit Darby's site, it said new aircraft and NWA just received new bond financing a few days ago. I just reported what I saw-to see if anyone else heard some new stuff.

This is not "new" aircraft. This, in my opinion, is an attempt to say, "Hey, look WE can get financing for OUR aircraft orders, so UAL can, too!" Subtext: ixnay on the oanlay.

I know this is off subject...but what are the thoughts on these Northwest/Delta/Continental talks?

You guys are probably right saying these are not "brand new" orders, the paragraph spun it as "new" aircraft orders and I hoped it would be additional orders.
As far as the codeshare talks NWA/DAL/CAL is NWA/CAL make money off each other so that would help, but then it runs into the complicated issue of who might be doing who's flying. Just my .02!

AIRINC..."the best time to join is now!" I'll tell you everything you need to know about the industry without paying Kit Darby. The industry sucks for pilots right now...it will continue to suck for several years...then it will decrease sucking...until finally at the end of the decade, it will stop sucking.

I heard from a friend of a friend an interesting theory. Since the '60s, airlines furlough during the beginning of any given decade, then hire towards the end of that given decade.

What do you think?

Latest resources

Back