Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JipWiz

From bizjournal
A group of airline passengers is seeking to block the proposed merger between Northwest Airlines Corp. and Delta Air Lines Inc., according to a report from the Associated Press.
The group has filed a federal lawsuit in San Francisco arguing the proposed $3.9 billion merger between Eagan-based Northwest (NYSE: NWA) and Atlanta-based Delta (NYSE: DAL) would result in an illegal monopoly.
The suit, filed by the 28 passengers, alleges that the merger would result in higher ticket prices and diminished service. It also alleges that the new company would control 24 percent of domestic flights, thus reducing competition.
The news comes after U.S. Rep. James Oberstar, a Minnesota Democrat and chairman of the House Transportation Committee, called on the Justice Department last week to reject the proposed merger. He asked the agency to examine the deal in order to determine if would force other carriers to merge, resulting in raised fares and less service for consumers.
A Delta spokeswoman told the AP that the company hasn't seen the suit and doesn't comment on pending litigation.

Ticket prices are going to go up regardless. A merger will make a stronger new DAL. If something doesnt change then the industry will just worsen and tickets will still go up.

Yes, but the sound of dollar signs in lawyers' pockets is abundant!

What kind of sound does a "dollar sign" make when it hits a pocket?

-You are truly one of the top 5 most idiotic people to ever have posted here.... At least that is what your mom says!

Well it can get awfully cold in Minnesota. I remember I was waiting on the crewbus outside the airport once. It was so cold, I saw a lawyer who had his hands in his own pockets.

Latest resources

Back