• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi.

What is this???????????????

...the new law requiriing mainline carriers to be liable for their commuters' accidents.

cliff
LFW

. . . a key senator Thursday suggested that big airlines such as Continental should bear legal responsibility for what happens on the subcontracting airlines that run their regional flights.

“I believe that the liability ought to be assumed by the carrier whose name is on the plane,” Sen. Byron L. Dorgan, D-N. D., said at a Senate Commerce Committee hearing on the proposed merger between Continental and United Airlines.

I don't think it's a new law, just a suggestion.

That sounds great! Big deceptive paint job, and a little disclosure next to the boarding door.

That is bait and switch BS and Tweaker does not approve.

Time to get the blood (money) on the hands of those who exploit others. Make it so, Numba 1, I gotta take a #2.

I don't think this would do anything. All of the liability falls to the insurers. Classic politician speaking but having no clue what he is talking about. The
major already pays for the insurance coverage premium of it's regionals.

In our current overly-litigious, go-for-the-deepest-pocket society (thank you Democrats and their American Trial Lawyers Association owners), I'm amazed that the majors apparently have some liability protections from their regional partners? If Cessna can get million-dollar judgments against them every time some idiot with more money than skills puts a perfectly good airplane into the side of a mountain, then I would think, for example, Continental would very much be on the hook for the Colgan crash in BUF.

Latest resources

Back