• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Job... F9-Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should go now. You remember the Titanic movie, where the first life boats went away half empty. Now is your chance:)

Incidentally, DEFCON 5 is the peaceful side of the spectrum. DEFCON 1 is the bad side.

DEFCON 5 is...., well nevermind, we'll never be there anyway.

Remember- there were captains at united who bailed to JetBlue b/c they got scared too fast. It's easy to bail when there's so much negative talk. If you do- i'd be real sure that what you're bailing to will actually make you happier. Whatever choice you make, be sure that it's your choice and not overly influenced. If you make a good choice- you can always live with it how it turns out.

Besides- i don't think <700 pilots will "flood" the market- remember- virtually every RJ and turboprop captain w/ over a year experience has their stuff out. Frontier pilots have reputations for great attitudes and good abilities and you're probably way more qualified than most regional guys. Bottom line-= if Frontier's your gig- i'd chill out for a while til the writing's a lot clearer- If Frontier has never been your dream gig- than you should have already been putting out your stuff to the places that will make you happy.

But always: Enjoy where you are- while you're there. It's the only way to live w/ our profession! G'luck!

Hi!

If U can hold out for 4-6 months before you start interviewing, the merger picture will be much more clear.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

If U can hold out for 4-6 months before you start interviewing, the merger picture will be much more clear.

cliff
YIP

That's about the plan... Just getting my stuff spooled up. Thanks for all the great insight from all of you!

I got out of Indy about 4 months before the end. Would have left much sooner if I had gotten the call. After almost 6 years there I was displaced back to CRJ FO and making no $$. Had I been a senior A319 CA I would have gone down with the ship.

BTW - At AirTran I'm about a year senior to a top 25 seniority Independence CA who had about 11 years on me there. Bottom line is that it all depends on where you are at your current company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back