Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

szaryk

Hey guys and gals-

I applied for the ATC trainee position in May, and took the AT-SAT in August (scored very well). I've been receiving lots of conflicting information from the FAA with regard to what happens next and when it happens.

From what I understand, there's a secondary geographic preference, done by email, from which specific facility "referral lists" are generated. From there, I would interview at a facility and then be offered a job.

I've been told many different timelines, however. One lady told me to expect an email two weeks ago; another said if I receive anything by mid-November (with a potential offer in Feb/Mar) I would be lucky.

Honestly I'm trying to plan this FAA thing alongside my new job and make sure the financial transition is a seamless as possible. Can anyone out there clue me into how long this thing actually takes? When might I expect to actually hear something?

Thanks,
Kyle/BOS

Hey szaryk, my daughter just got a email to set up a time for the AT-SAT test. If you have any info that i could pass on would be great

I just received an email to take the AT-SAT in Oklahoma City DEC 19.

Go to forums.jetcareers.com and click on the ATC link. There is a nice thread with a lot of information on the test.

My dad is ATC, so he is sending me a practice DVD. If I get any more info than what is on that site, I would be happy to relay it.

Goodluck

Chris

You can buy the Mattson ATC test prep....it comes with a CD-ROM. Just google it and it'll come up. Several folks who have taken the test recently have told me that it was good practice and prep, but cautioned to not over-study it!

Latest resources

Back