New Hire Aircraft Assignments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA31Ho

How does aircraft placing work for companies like Flexjet or NJI? I mean, do they place new hires on the BE40 and ther's where everybody starts? Or can they place you where they need you depending on what you want? For example, if they hire somebody with 3000 hours of ERJ135 time, could they just place him in the Legacy if they wanted?

How does aircraft placing work for companies like Flexjet or NJI? I mean, do they place new hires on the BE40 and ther's where everybody starts? Or can they place you where they need you depending on what you want? For example, if they hire somebody with 3000 hours of ERJ135 time, could they just place him in the Legacy if they wanted?

First, make sure you are familiar with the fleet types in each fractional. The only fractional with a Legacy is Flight Options - and that is a very senior airplane. NJI is not the same as NJA - Netjets is NJA and it is unionized - check out www.netjets.com for further reference and a list of fleet types in case you are not familiar. Also look at www.flexjet.com.

To answer your question, I believe that fleet assignment is more based on need at the time (you could go to a Citation X, Sovereign or even F2000 if you meet the minimum requirements and slots are open) than personal preference. Apparently they sometimes offer a few different types across multiple training dates - you could choose the training date and therefore get a different aircraft type.

Dude, you don't have to talk down to me. I was using those companies as an example, same with aircraft.

I was just wanting to know if you have to work your way up on aircraft with seniority. Or if they can put you on an aircraft of your choice depending on company needs.

Thank you for your response.

Dude, you don't have to talk down to me. I was using those companies as an example, same with aircraft.

I was just wanting to know if you have to work your way up on aircraft with seniority. Or if they can put you on an aircraft of your choice depending on company needs.

I didn't mean any disrespect. Some people are unfamiliar with the fleet types - that's ok so long as you know what is flown during the interviews. I suppose you can indicate which aircraft type you prefer - however, needs at the time most likely dictate aircraft assignment.

I hear great things about both Netjets and Flexjet and I hope you investigate further and get your interviews when you meet the minimums. Seriously, take a good look at those websites. Good luck!

The aircraft initially offered at NJA is based upon staffing requirements and available sim slots. There may be some consideration given to the applicant's background, but it's not a sure-thing that a person with a 560XL type will get offered the Excel, for instance. There are airline retirees on the smaller planes and there have been tubroprop-only guys who've gone directly to the X.

As for working your way up through planes, that will happen with upgrade. The first available upgrade slots will be the non-APU planes while the most senior people will get the 2000EX or other Class 4/5 planes.

Options

Everyone starts in the Beechjet at Options. No hiring yet but the general feeling is that it has to start soon. We have so many leaving...

That being said, I wouldn't recommend Flight Options to anyone right now.

Does CS hire street capts?

I am quite sure none or the major fractionals hire street captains. Most of the fractional jobs like CS, Flex, and NJA are career type jobs meaning there are lots of people in line waiting for their seniority to hold an upgrade. The only place I know that are hiring street captains are the slime ball, bottom-of-the-barrel regionals like Pinnacle and Big Sky.

I am quite sure none or the major fractionals hire street captains. Most of the fractional jobs like CS, Flex, and NJA are career type jobs meaning there are lots of people in line waiting for their seniority to hold an upgrade. The only place I know that are hiring street captains are the slime ball, bottom-of-the-barrel regionals like Pinnacle and Big Sky.

Why would you speak so highly of Pinchnickle like that?

Latest resources

Back