New gig, lotsa time... get an A&P?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

H.Agenda

150 hours of year, salary pay. 1-2 weeks advanced notice, a few pop-ups a year.

Penny for y'alls thoughts.

either be a pilot or be an a&p.

If you have an A&p guess what you'll be doing if you leave this job.

not worth it.

Start something outside of pilot duties. Like selling aircraft insurance or anything.
My advice comes from 2 furloughs and 1 corporate airplane sold with no notice.

You also never know what kind of "additional" duties you might become responsible for. You might end up turning the wrench on what would've been a day off, without additional compensation if you're really unlucky.

payton has it right on. Start working on a profession OUTSIDE of aviation. As much as I love to fly, and I enjoy my current (and hopefully long-term) position, it's reality that you cannot depend on aviation financially.

I started a side-business over the past 3 years in my spare-time from aviation. While I'm not in a position yet to be independent financially from aviation, I'm getting closer everyday. Fortunatly, I listened to all those "old crustys" on the jumpseat who had been through half dozen aviation jobs that said - "find something to back you up." My own furlough drove the point home.

Just $.02. Good Luck!

AZT

Just Curious

payton has it right on. Start working on a profession OUTSIDE of aviation. As much as I love to fly, and I enjoy my current (and hopefully long-term) position, it's reality that you cannot depend on aviation financially.

I started a side-business over the past 3 years in my spare-time from aviation. While I'm not in a position yet to be independent financially from aviation, I'm getting closer everyday. Fortunatly, I listened to all those "old crustys" on the jumpseat who had been through half dozen aviation jobs that said - "find something to back you up." My own furlough drove the point home.

Just $.02. Good Luck!

AZT

What kind of side business did you end up getting into, if you dont mind me asking?

Latest resources

Back