Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PimpJuice

Pete Schwetty
Quick question around the new GI Bill which will now cover 100% of flight training costs up to 10k a year.

I have my commercial, multi and instrument ratings. There's a part 141 school near me that offers helo ratings so I figured I might go for it. I know the rules stipulate that you must have a private before using the GI Bill. If that's the case, do I need to go through the help private syllabus first or would I just be getting an add-on to my existing private?

Quick question around the new GI Bill which will now cover 100% of flight training costs up to 10k a year.

I have my commercial, multi and instrument ratings. There's a part 141 school near me that offers helo ratings so I figured I might go for it. I know the rules stipulate that you must have a private before using the GI Bill. If that's the case, do I need to go through the help private syllabus first or would I just be getting an add-on to my existing private?

I think you can get around this by enrolling in the Part 135 Commercial Helo add-on and then just taking a Private checkride once you meet all the requirements for the Private.

I used to work part time at a Flight School and they the majority of people would in enroll in the 25 hour Part 135 multi program but would take their checkride early, usually around the 7-10 hour mark.

Not sure what AirCobra is talking about, because quite honestly it doesn't make any sense. ;) You already have a commercial. There is no specific requirement concerning cat/class. You can enroll in the VA approved(Make sure it is. Just because it's 141, doesn't mean it's VA approved) commercial add-on and have a wonderful time learing how to hover. ;) Your flight school should be able to answer any questions you have about the course. If they don't know how the program works, I would be hesitant to start training with them. My only question is this. You state you have a commercial, then say something about adding it to your private... That leaves me a little confused...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back