• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Furloughs at NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More rumors are floating around....is this not the proper forum or are people just not interested anymore.

I have not heard anything but based on the direction the company wants to go it appears to be inevitable.

mynameisjim said:
I've heard some rumors floating around to that effect. Has anyone heard anything regarding it?

What you're probably hearing is about a NWA mgmt wish list, low ball proposal to NWA ALPA that would result in 1100 or so new furloughs. Otherwise, the word is new recalls beginning early 2006. Alot depends on what happens next week with the mechanics, etc...

Tref

quote:
"Otherwise, the word is new recalls beginning early 2006."

Oh come on......even if all ends up well with the mechanics, do you honestly believe there are going to be recalls early 2006???

JohnDoe said:
quote:
"Otherwise, the word is new recalls beginning early 2006."

Oh come on......even if all ends up well with the mechanics, do you honestly believe there are going to be recalls early 2006???

Didn't say that's what I thought. Just that that's been the most recent info from the company.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what to think. As of a few months ago, all of the pilots were supposed to be recalled by the end of the year.

My best guess is that everyone will be back sometime between next week and never. Can you do better?

Tref

Northwest's CEO is playing a very dicey game. NWA management has screwed around for a couple of years without doing much of anything. They've deliberately driven the airline into a worse crisis in a design to emasculate all the unions, starting with the mechanics . . . . just like the unions (especially ALPA) at US Scareways. To show how arrogant Steenman is, he recently illegally outsourced some NW flying to Champion Airlines in flagrant violation of the pilots contract. This was a direct threat "shot across the bow" at the pilots that they better not support a potential mechanics strike and better let the scabs NWA is training, work unfettered.

My guess is that ALPA will sell out yet again.

No plans to intervene in Northwest Airlines-WHouse

WASHINGTON, Aug 15 (Reuters) - President George W. Bush does not plan to intervene to avert a possible strike by mechanics at Northwest Airlines Corp. , the White House said on Monday.

"The National Mediation Board has found that a labor action at Northwest Airlines would not present a substantial disruption of interstate commerce," said White House spokesman Trent Duffy.

"The administration does not dispute this conclusion based on current information, and the President is not creating a Presidential Emergency Board," he said, referring to a panel that would examine the dispute and put on hold a strike or lockout.

Tref:

Sorry, no offense intended. My remarks were aimed more at the statement (which I amazingly keep seeing) rather than you, although reading back I can see the confusion.

I have no idea either, but if I had to put money on it, I would lean towards the "never" for alot of us (or at least a heck of a looong time).

Latest resources

Back