New Freedom Air Class Date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor = True?

Geex, I have seen it 100 times and I am still surprised every time a see a "rumor" mutate after even a few postes into a "fact" and used as debate fodder. Simply incredible...

Here is the "truth" from the guy who hauled the "Fed" responsible for bringing the new -200's into the Mesa fleet back to Dallas the other week. Of course, he was kind enough to ride up front with me...for those a little slow on the take today that is laced with heavy implied sarcasm. There are 8 new 200's on lease from Bombardier by way of lease retirn from Kendall in Austrailia. The Feds need to comb through the maint. records and decide if everything is ok for a US carrier to operate the a/c. The first one is on line at MESA AIRLINES, and the remaining seven will be soon. They are painted white, though the tails still have the Kendall paint on it, and will be sent back East for the addidtional J4J flying out of PHL. It seems that JO jumped te gun a bit by commiting to addidtional J4J flying while the J4J pilots were still in groundschool. They are now in the sim and some may be on IOE, so over the next bid or so, they will be joining the line...as reserve pilots (PROBABLY) as that's what their seniority allows.

The first of the "good guy" freedom pilots was flying the other day. so the house cleaning has begun. Many more from the first "ALPA" class are doing LOFT and will be out on line in the coming days. Those people with any experience realize that with a new certificate comes new "FEDS", feds that maybe don't want to give up their new found jobs. Feds that drag out the transition to delay the inevitable. In the end, its all moot. Freedom is now ALPA, and operates under a CBA negotiated and signed by ALPA. The transition is good for Mesa AIRLINE guys, but has no bearing on other airline folks. The list of the original pilots is available where mentioned, or PM me and I will see that one is made available to you.

Anyone stuck in the Midwest weather yesterday? I left DSM in the morning, thank God....

Latest resources

Back