• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New FedEx Training Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a bud of mine heard the same thing about the 727 training...he thought it was for FO's, not so much SO's this december.

let's hope all the movement forces some new hire classes--i am really getting prune hands in the pool.

h.

Hiring?

I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I was in the school house the last couple of days for a Proficiency Check. I took a look at the board outside the 727 training office and to no surprise the only classes on the board through the end of this year were for a couple of FO and Capt upgrades. I wasn't expecting much, but hoping that maybe there might be some news. The board was remarkably empty.

As for the 25% of the guys that don't stay until 60, that just might offset the other 25% of the guys who hit 60 and go into the back of the 10 or the 72. I just don't see the retirements being as big an issue as a lot of the folks do.

I was called several times last week for draft trips (even after I had just come back from a 3 leg, 6.2 hour pm out and back! - must have been a mistake) and have yet to take a draft trip. We are short in the back of the 72 and I just hope that the bean counters will loosen the purse strings soon so we can get some new blood on the property soon.

FJ

Hey Falconjet -

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does your profile say "SWA pool rat"? Aren't you at FedEx?:eek:

No tricks

No tricks, I've been in the pool a long time, and while waiting got called to the dark side. Its pretty good at night. It would be a lot better with some hiring around here though!

Falconjet,
am I understanding you right? Your a fdx pilot and want to leave for SWA?:eek:

Can that kind of evil thought ever come to mind? Or am I missing this point?

TonyC,
No problem about the photo usage for your avatar! Anytime bro! I've never really shot to many RWY 24 L/R shots because takeoff's/landings rarely take place on those RWY's, but I do understand what you'd like. The problem is there isn't really a location I can postition myself for that type of shot. I would need to take a truck over to a taxiway near K at RWY 32, and thats an area I can't really access, my badge doesn't get me that far unfortuantely, might be able to do it with one of the airport guys one of these days. School has been keeping me to busy to shot lately, but I have tons of material to process at home. You aren't an ANC based guy by any chance?

heard an interesting thought tonight...

I was flying with a union rep captain tonight that said something interesting...

He said, this was just his opinion, nothing to do with the union's position.

There was a discussion that there has been a LOT of draft and volunteer flying going on lately in the 727. This means we are getting short on pilots. I mentioned that we need to resume hiring again and he said his take on the "running lean" was:

We are being thinned out on purpose. When negotiations come around next spring, the company will push heavily for PBS (preferential bidding system). If the company gets PBS, they can seriously increase pilot productivity and wha-la, we are no longer short of pilots.

I thought it was rather insightful.

Goose17

Just to add to the firestorm of rumors...a pilot source at Fedex was on the jumpseat with the system Chief Pilot and Bruce Cheever(management guy as well). Cheever told the jumpseater that they asked the bean counters for 365 pilots next year, the beanies came back with 225. Not the first time I've heard these numbers thrown around.

In response to the Preferential Bidding System...the next contract wrapup is so far off Fedex couldn't possibly wait that long to hire. With all of the drafting they are doing in the backseat of the 727 its just a matter of time. Spring '04 seems to continue to be the popular time frame for hiring...just my $.02.

365 pilots next year, the beanies came back with 225.

From your mouth to God's ears.

"Before takeoff check complete. I have the panel...."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back