New Dispatch school?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

I have been tinkering with the idea of starting my own dispatch school for a long time. I would do things alot different than the current school, I guess what I mean is that I would have more real world training added to the FAA mandated training...

I live in an area that is very heavy in the pilot flight training arena, Between DAB and MLB and MCO to the west...however there is no dispatch schools per se. Of course folks could go to FLL to Sheffield, a very good school, but the drop out rate is pretty high as are the costs...plus they cram it all in 6 weeks....tough for the working person...

I just wondered what you folks thought of this...do really need more dispatch schools, or could the industry use a different type of school, one that takes more time, provides Sabre and Flight Explorer indoc, real world situation training...etc...

Dispatch schools are designed to get you to a point where you are ready to send out a resume. That is all that is needed. Once you get hired by someone they are going to hit you hard with their "real world situation training" no matter where you went to school or what your previous experience is. Don't waste your time and money. That's just my opinion.

I agree with you, it does not make a diff where one gets the license..however I have seen new hires out of school , that really did not have any idea what they were going to be faced with...Also I think it might help them if they can say they have been trained in the use of Sabre and other flight planing software...

You are probably right...and I don't really have time, working 4 x 10 shifts at my airline.....It was just a thought...

Latest resources

Back