Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fatazz said:
CHQ pilots now make more than most mainline FOs

Please tell me you do not really think this.

SENIOR CHQ pilots, not all CHQ pilots, do make more than most mainline FO's. Go look up the payrates fatazz.

FDJ2 said:
No, you are advocating the elimination of a pilots group's right to bind his company to his contract by eliminating scope. I am simply advocating the right of a pilot group (DALPA) to limit the outsourcing of it's company's code (DL). Again, you have no right to a single hour of DL code flying, it's not your code or your flying. The fact that you chose to work for a contractor is your problem.

Tell me FDJ2, does DALPA have the right to control ASA and CMR flying OUTSIDE of the DL code?

FDJ2 said:
No, you are advocating the elimination of a pilots group's right to bind his company to his contract by eliminating scope. I am simply advocating the right of a pilot group (DALPA) to limit the outsourcing of it's company's code (DL). Again, you have no right to a single hour of DL code flying, it's not your code or your flying. The fact that you chose to work for a contractor is your problem.
I wish DALPA had a platform to perform all Delta flying - but apparently it does not want to. Since 2000 your MEC has continued to outsource more and more. Your MEC negotiated it, ALPA National endorsed it and your pilots ratified it.

Once that code is outsourced it then becomes someone else's and they should be able to bind the company to their services.

What the Delta MEC has done is negotiate away their code, then restricted anyone else from having any scope on it - resulting in an alter ego free for all.

As far as quoting RJDC supporters - who cares. Quote the RJDC is you want, but quoting me or some other supporter is like quoting Frank Lorenzo and attributing the quote to President Bush. The RJDC has published plenty on their positions - use legit quotes and perhaps you can effect the course of discussions, otherwise we just go in circles. That is boring.

JoeMerchant said:
Tell me FDJ2, does DALPA have the right to control ASA and CMR flying OUTSIDE of the DL code?
Good one. Get 'em Capt. Joe.

Latest resources

Back