• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DCI carrier in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to wonder, now that we are owned by Skywest Inc., will we be charging Shuttle America access fees to our gates?

180ToTheMarker said:
If you Shuttle guys use ASA ops in ATL there are some things you should know. I'll translate:

"Who dis?" = "I did not hear who was calling me, please say again."

"Copy dat" = "I understand, thank you."

"Gohead" = "I am ready to copy your transmission."

Good luck. BTW, the Badda Bing lounge on Concourse D is a cool place to hang out, just be sure and tell the prop mafia how cool your 170 is. :)

Some more

"HavaGootOne" = Have a nice day sir.

"Rog" = "Roger" = I understand sir.

When you tell them "We'll be ready to board in fifteen minutes." = here they come right now.

Now that was funny!

Well-hung Start said:
A few more that '180 forgot:

"Copy" = go to hell

"Roger" = go to hell

"He's on his way" = go to hell

"Go 'head wit da times" = go to hell

Now that was funny!

Unless I'm mistaken, I think the E170 needs a jet way.

wms said:
Unless I'm mistaken, I think the E170 needs a jet way.

No airplane needs a jetway. If DCI rampers are handling the flights, I'm not sure they're trained to operate jetways at ATL. I almost wonder if they'll just round up some airstairs from somewhere.

Unless the flight is handled by mainline agents, then it's a different thing entirely. But I doubt that.

Unless the flight is handled by mainline agents, then it's a different thing entirely. But I doubt that.

I don't doubt that at all!! There is no room (wing span) for the 170 anywhere on C or D concourse that ASA controls. On the other hand it is an international flight and therefore will be at E concourse. There are jetways that are open that ASA doesn't utilize.
Don't be surprised to see ASA get booted out of the 2 gates on E when the e170's are on the ground and serviced by DAL agents.

Sinca3 said:
I don't doubt that at all!! There is no room (wing span) for the 170 anywhere on C or D concourse that ASA controls. On the other hand it is an international flight and therefore will be at E concourse. There are jetways that are open that ASA doesn't utilize.
Don't be surprised to see ASA get booted out of the 2 gates on E when the e170's are on the ground and serviced by DAL agents.

I agree with you that they will probably park at E29 or E31, because DCI seems to share that gate with DL mainline. However, I still don't think DAL agents will work the flight. DCI has been pretty protective of only letting the DCI agents work DCI flights.

Comair works the flights at CVG, ASA works the flights at ATL, and I've never been to SLC but I'd be willing to bet SkyWest works the flights there. You just know that if a flight from a different DCI airline shows up at one of those gates they'll get a bill at the end of the month.

Just because Shuttleaqua is now flying a mainline-class airplane, I don't expect to see the DCI relationship change.

Latest resources

Back