Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avrat
Back to the focus of this thread...
Most of us at SkyWest knew from the first day we flew into DFW that other connection carriers would be coming to SLC. That they might set up a crew base isn't some precursor to being dumped, its hub intergration. SkyWest has a very small crew base in DFW for our expanding operations there, yet no one in their right mind believes we are taking over. Its not a big deal for Comair to be in SLC. As a matter of fact, they can have a few more routes, Butte, all of Reno and Rapid City come to mind.

Comair base

Why would Comair open a base in ATL, since that's ASA's home turf? the trend is to have several DCI carriers serving the big hubs.

Russ, i saw some new Reno routes in the April bid packet. someone was listening.

Gen. Lee, as always, i admire your concern for the furloughees. as i have said many times, i would welcome them with open arms at Comair. as you have said many times, you have no beef with most Comair pilots - so why do you take such delight in threatening that we all have no shot at getting hired in the future? i grow weary of taking shots for something i had nothing to do with....

Captainv

<If Comair opens a base in SLC, what will that do to Skywest since they are a Delta carrier as well?

Maybe the fact that the 'D' concourse has been opened up to provide crew facilities has something to do with Comair coming to town. ASA does not really need them, but certainly does need improvement on 'C'.

So how do you propose we improve concourse C ops if we have no place to go? We are busting at the seams in C as it stands now, and the 5 million dollar improvment is slated to begin this year. The CP said we would be using both C and D as we continue to grow.

It will say that ATL feels more and more like a Comair base. I was parked among 6 comair RJs on Ramp 3 the other night.

Remember one important fact, it costs money to open a new crew base. What is the one thing ma Delta is "short" on right now.......you do the math.

Only time will tell.:D

Latest resources

Back