• Start date
  • Watchers 5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's good stuff here, that's for sure.

I loved CFI'ing, and, although I keep it current, I haven't logged an hour in the "right seat" in two years. :-(

Make sure that they are flying by OUTSIDE reference as much as they should be. Nervous students will tend to look inside and fixate on altitude or heading as will students with 10000000 hours on Flight Sim. I had a student with this problem and he would actually try to fly the pattern by using the DG ( funny how we never lined up with the runway when he did this......)

I let the fact that I loved CFI'ing show through which impressed a lot of people who came from burn-out's. It's a stressful job for very little compensation but that isn't the students problem. Never forget that they don't have to come back; they choose to. Have fun

Thinking about all of this made me miss it even more. Anybody want some dual????!!!!

Giving/receiving dual

You'd have a customer here if I could find a few more bucks and the time. I hear that a 172 with instructor goes for $100/hr now. Ouch! :(

I miss it, too. All my jobs were in schools and most of my students were years younger than me. I enjoyed it immensely, mostly. Made me feel young again.

By the way, the best students to get are the ones who know absolutely nothing about airplanes, who've never been in a small plane before before and/or had other instruction except for your school, who've never read a book how to fly, or who haven't played on a flight sim or other contraption. Those who've flown or played sim before frequently have bad habits or incorrect ideas that are hard to shake. Don't forget, Law of Primacy.

Latest resources

Back