New CFI FOI Test Questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cart

Recently read that the FAA has added new questions to the FOI Knowledge Test. Does anyone have any info on the subject areas which were added to the test?

Through everything you know about the FOI test out the window and study FAA-h-8083-9A. They just added questions that no one has, ASA or Gleim. I study both and took the test. Failed it! Half the questions I have never seen before. If you study just the known questions you will fail. study the book!! Im a 10yr Captain with an airline and just wanted to pick up my CFI to teach my kids. I've never failed an FAA written test EVER!. this test was a blind side. from what i can tell the questions were added some time in April. The FAA didn't tell anybody! Good old FAA, there just here to help. I hate them all!!! I don't know anything about the FAI yet. I guess I'll know soon! Oh well.

beware all...better hit the Aviation Intructor's Handbook! A very unfortunate situation...

IMHO, the questions should not be published at all. Studying the questions and answers with brief explanations is just studying for the test and is not really learning. The whole knowledge testing system needs an overhaul to where emphasis is placed on learning the actual topic, not just the test itself.

That said, I realize that there is some pretty useless and irrelevant subject matter in the FOI. i.e., "Chalkboard use guidelines". Until topics like this are eliminated, then Q&A will have to do.

Last edited:
Anytime there is a test administered on the federal level, by law there has to be Q and A printed and available to the public. Anytime you want you can contact the Government Printing Office and get a copy of the test. This includes anything from the Postal exam to Aviation exams.

Thats all Gleim and ASA do. They took free information, made some fancy software, and added a $100 fee to use it.

Latest resources

Back