Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
B747-400 - 24 (1 parked in 4th qtr)
B777-200 - 74 (CAL 22/UAL 52)
B767-2/3/4 -61 (CAL 26/UAL 35)
B757-2/3 - 158 (CAL 62/UAL 96)
B737-5/7/8/9 - 240 (2 added 4th qtr)
A319/320 - 152

709 Mainline aircraft YE2010. (CAL 350/UAL 359)

Q200/400 - 20 (5 added 4th qtr)
ERJ145 - 273 (CAL 221/UAL 52)
CRJ-200 - 81 (1 added 4th qtr)
CRJ-700 - 115
EMB-120 - 9
EMB-170 - 38

552 Regional aircraft YE2010. (CAL 257/UAL 295)

1261 Total aircraft YE 2010. (CAL 607/UAL 654)

B747-400 - 24 (1 parked in 4th qtr)
B777-200 - 74 (CAL 22/UAL 52)
B767-2/3/4 -61 (CAL 26/UAL 35)
B757-2/3 - 158 (CAL 62/UAL 96)
B737-5/7/8/9 - 240 (2 added 4th qtr)
A319/320 - 152

709 Mainline aircraft YE2010. (CAL 350/UAL 359)

Q200/400 - 20 (5 added 4th qtr)
ERJ145 - 273 (CAL 221/UAL 52)
CRJ-200 - 81 (1 added 4th qtr)
CRJ-700 - 115
EMB-120 - 9
EMB-170 - 38

552 Regional aircraft YE2010. (CAL 257/UAL 295)

1261 Total aircraft YE 2010. (CAL 607/UAL 654)

I noticed your Avatar, "counting my retro pay".. I hope that you're right...but don't get your hopes up. I'm willing to bet that our negotiators will not even put that on the table. Smisek made it clear on Friday that it will take at least a year to see a contract. A year! He will stall as long as he can because it is money that we will never see. I'm also willing to bet that our leaders will NOT file for mediation w/ the NMB as promised on the 12th. I hope that I'm wrong on both accounts.

Hvy,

You're one of those guys that doesn't go to union meetings, doesn't have time to attend rallies, never reads any union blastmails, and always finds time to complain, right...?

The head the CAL negotiating committee has repeatedly said that 100% retro is the bare minimum.

Jay Pierce has flat out stated that there will not be a petition for mediation on the 12th as they will need until the end of the month at the earliest due to additional information that became available as of October 1st.

If you honestly thought we were going to have a TA this year, you are the one who had your hopes up. We will get nothing from this management until we force them to give.

Hvy,

You're one of those guys that doesn't go to union meetings, doesn't have time to attend rallies, never reads any union blastmails, and always finds time to complain, right...? You are dead wrong. I volunteer my time...do you?

The head the CAL negotiating committee has repeatedly said that 100% retro is the bare minimum.

Jay Pierce has flat out stated that there will not be a petition for mediation on the 12th as they will need until the end of the month at the earliest due to additional information that became available as of October 1st.

If you honestly thought we were going to have a TA this year, you are the one who had your hopes up. Nope...never thought that. We will get nothing from this management until we force them to give.
Exactly.

Hvy,

You're one of those guys that doesn't go to union meetings, doesn't have time to attend rallies, never reads any union blastmails, and always finds time to complain, right...?

If you honestly thought we were going to have a TA this year, you are the one who had your hopes up. We will get nothing from this management until we force them to give.

Perhaps he is just like me as far as his faith in ALPA. Should I start a list of what they've done to screw us over? And as far as having some faith in getting a good contract, just remember what happened with POS '02. I'm not holding my breath on anything, I'm just waiting to vote no.

I noticed your Avatar, "counting my retro pay".. I hope that you're right...but don't get your hopes up. I'm willing to bet that our negotiators will not even put that on the table. Smisek made it clear on Friday that it will take at least a year to see a contract. A year! He will stall as long as he can because it is money that we will never see. I'm also willing to bet that our leaders will NOT file for mediation w/ the NMB as promised on the 12th. I hope that I'm wrong on both accounts.

Hope so to. And yes, I am countin the retro. Got the retropay2009.com tab open almost 100% of the time. I understand your feelings about the past and I have the same agnst as well BUT I am going to be optomistic one more time here and give this MEC and these negoiators my full support. C02 was ugly but you can't place all the blame on the union for that. We had 330+ pilots that didn't even vote on it. My expectations for when a contract will be finalized are just that, expectations. Can't make the water boil or the bread rise any faster. A plan is simply that. A plan. Nothing is ever set in stone and can't be. What we need to focus on is the outcome. Not whether the union or company meet a specific deadline or date, especially when progress may be being made at the same time. Nome of us know and can't know until the process is finished. This is where my faith in our union has to come out. Gotta give them one more chance and allow them to do due dillegence with this process.

Now, doesn't UAL parking one 747 give us more leverage on the SLI(according to those on this board) as that's one less WB?

I think that 1 parked 747 is actually down from 2 parked 747's a quarter or two ago. It will probably come out as well in 2011. We will need it to compete with the new SWA that intends to dominate the Asian market as well with 5 stop service from the West Coast to Tokyo. They are already shipping peanuts on our aircraft to all our island hopper stops between HNL and GUM in preparation.

I'm also willing to bet that our leaders will NOT file for mediation w/ the NMB as promised on the 12th.

They didn't promise that.

The TPA document reads that the application for mediation will occur unless parties agree otherwise.

Realize that once the NMB is brought into the picture things don't necessarily move faster. If progress is still being made with direct bargaining, bringing the NMB in could slow the process down. Why would we want to do that?

Now, doesn't UAL parking one 747 give us more leverage on the SLI(according to those on this board) as that's one less WB?

If I recall correctly they pulled one out of the desert to have a spare for the summer, so it is hard to tell if it was accounted for when the merger was announced. There was no new flying announced when the bird was pulled, only to have an extra sub for the busy summer schedule. Same block hours.

Latest resources

Back