New bases at Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMBpilot

Just flew a trip with a Flight Attendant who said that Mr. Kellner recently spoke to the new hire FA class and mentioned that CAL will open two new "satellite bases in DEN and LAX within 2 years".

Both for pilots and FA's.

An attempt to weaken and "divide and conquer" prior to starting negotiations?

What airplanes do you think will be there?

Thanks

always makes me giggle when i hear the 'potential' for satellite bases.

probably just an effort to dupe flight attendants into PBS for bidding...convincing them that it would allow for satellite base provisions.

what a load of crap. PBS was supposed to allow the company to create scenarios involving satellite basing. it's a joke. a very bad joke.

btw: PBS sucks!

:nuts:After they buy F9 there will be a good size base in Denver again!

The problem is I won't be able to hold it for 20 years:(

They already bought a "frontier", you missed that boat.

:nuts:After they buy F9 there will be a good size base in Denver again!

The problem is I won't be able to hold it for 20 years:(

Wave bye bye to that left seat along with DEN if that ever happened. Is that the talk over there at Frontier? CAL buying you guys?

I thought maybe LAX was going to be a MD-80 base, but then they took the sim out of the training center. Oh well!

Wave bye bye to that left seat along with DEN if that ever happened. Is that the talk over there at Frontier? CAL buying you guys?

Nope - but any rumor is a good rumor:D

Jetjocky, No I didn't miss the first Frontier getting gobbled up by the Lorenzo machine. Not something I'd be proud of if I were you.

Come on.....been rumors (insert wishfull thinking) about DEN/LAX for years at CAL. Just people hoping that talking about it might make it true one day.

Come on.....been rumors (insert wishfull thinking) about DEN/LAX for years at CAL. Just people hoping that talking about it might make it true one day.

Gordon Bethune supposedly said, "We put bases where most of the people live (meaning passengers, not employees) look at a map, it's not west of the Mississippi."

I wouldn't hold my breath on any new bases anytime soon.

Latest resources

Back