New ATL runway...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

Has anyone heard any new info. about when this rumway/terminal will be completed??

I heard it's 100' too close to the adjacent runways, so they'll need to do PRM approaches to make full use of it.

The last I heard Airtran was going to get the terminal and ASA would expand throughout C concourse.

You mean DL will expand throughout terminal C, right?

bye bye---General Lee;)

ATR-Driver,

I am just messing with Paledriver. If there were new gates available, I am sure Delta would like to get them---but other airlines, like Jetblue, may want a couple. As far as any future expansion----I don't know what will happen--but maybe if we take large pay cuts Delta will order some 100 seaters and that would allow some for mainline. Maybe additional CR7s for DCI or possibly DL (if that were agreed to by Delta to allow the furloughs to come back and fly something) will need more gate space in C. It is all speculation my friend.... Take care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS---I bet PFN and VPS flights are full now---and the weather is probably great down there. Do you ever get long layovers in PFN---enough to go to the beach?;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ah yes...good point there. You're right that they would need more space for the 100 seaters. I think we could use some space also!!! I hate it when I get to north end of D and there are JETS in my space!!!:D
No on the beach at PFN. We are right across from the mall and from what I hear it is about 45 min to the beach on a NO traffic day!!! I have the VPS overnites back to back all this month with the O'dark thirty dept. (5am) We do get some beach time though staying at the Rattisson. ('t's added specifically!)

As Rod used to say. 'COME ON DOWN!!

ATR-driver,

Sounds nice. I have jumpsat in the CRJ out of PFN and I thought a couple times that we wouldn't takeoff in time with runway remaining. But, you just can't beat the Emerald Coast down there. I might get a week or two off in June or early July--and I may go down there---maybe I will try to see if you are driving....Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

A pretty reliable fellow I know saw the cities plans (blueprints) for the new construction. He said it had the new concourse marked "Airtran," and all of concourse C as "ASA."

Who knows, I was just wondering if anyone had something more solid.

Master Plan

I recently looked at a picture of the ATL master plan and it clearly has Airtran in the new south terminal and ASA taking up all of terminal C. It is not scheduled to be completed to well past 2006, so it is realy a moot point at this time. I will try to find a link to the picture and will post it as soon as I can find it. Hopefully before the terminal is built! ;)

Palerider957 said:
I heard it's 100' too close to the adjacent runways, so they'll need to do PRM approaches to make full use of it.

Well, thank God that we are all certified for PRM approaches after watching that quality FAA video on the procedures. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back