• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA MEC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I note that the roadshows neglected to mention that a Union day is worth 60% more than it used to be. Nice raise they included for themselves, and generous of the Company to allow them to dip deeper into Union coffers.
There is a reason the union pushed it so hard, it was for personal gain. I have been told by the union reps more than once that they do what they think is best for us as a group not what the group wants! So we make it clear we want a change and vote out the old reps and tell them we want them to vote in a new MEC. So what do they do? They vote in the same people, how did that happen?

There is a reason the union pushed it so hard, it was for personal gain.
[snip]
I knew there was something smelly about the Union/Company PBS frottage, but I couldn't figure out why the Union was shilling so hard. I should have guessed....

[snip]...So what do they do? They vote in the same people, how did that happen?
It's like the Mafia. You're never really out.

Last edited:
There is a reason the union pushed it so hard, it was for personal gain. I have been told by the union reps more than once that they do what they think is best for us as a group not what the group wants! So we make it clear we want a change and vote out the old reps and tell them we want them to vote in a new MEC. So what do they do? They vote in the same people, how did that happen?

One of the letters that we all got in the mail had the newly elected Reps signing and endorsing this piece of crap. So, where's the change?

So we make it clear we want a change and vote out the old reps and tell them we want them to vote in a new MEC.

Let's see! There were only about 400 voters out of about 1500 in that election. The most votes that one of the "Change" candidates got was about 221. Was that a mandate for anything? Maybe from the 221 or about 14.7%, a vocal minority. But, it goes to prove, in an apathetic democracy, the minority controls.

Not to mention, there's not exactly a large number of folks who are willing to do the MEC work and politics.

Most of us like to fly airplanes and those jobs take you away from that. The politics and work that go with the job are not for everyone. Just like flying the line is not for everyone. Some guys are in the training department for that very reason.

How can you expect major "change" when the population of LEC and MEC candidates with any political backing from the pilot group is so small?

The Chief Negotiator needs to go. He pushed this as a better bidding system. It appears to be just another way to bid, maybe not better, but allows the company to take money out of your pocket. We gave away the farm based on his recommendation. He wouldn't give the downsides at the roadshow. Why? What was his incentive?

The Chief Negotiator needs to go. He pushed this as a better bidding system. It appears to be just another way to bid, maybe not better, but allows the company to take money out of your pocket. We gave away the farm based on his recommendation. He wouldn't give the downsides at the roadshow. Why? What was his incentive?

That guy is a flim-flam artist. I saw straight thru all his tapdancing around the issues. We must have some change in our union! I am sick of "playing ball" and getting drilled every time......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIDFMttODsw

-This seems to be the idea of "playing ball" that the company and union now fully endorse...

-Thanks for the PBS-just don't try and blame me-you were warned!

That guy is a flim-flam artist. I saw straight thru all his tapdancing around the issues. We must have some change in our union! I am sick of "playing ball" and getting drilled every time......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIDFMttODsw

-This seems to be the idea of "playing ball" that the company and union now fully endorse...

-Thanks for the PBS-just don't try and blame me-you were warned!

Why not make your platform known to the rest of the pilot group and run. Thumping your chest on an anonymous web board isn't exactly serving the purpose you seek, is it?

Why not make your platform known to the rest of the pilot group and run. Thumping your chest on an anonymous web board isn't exactly serving the purpose you seek, is it?

Well- not really....

-But do you think I could really get elected on a platform of "funniest shots to the nuts" clips?

-Honestly-that platform is miles ahead of our PBS agreement-.

Latest resources

Back