Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dooosshhhhh-bbbaaagggg!!

And you ran on what platform?

And while you're at it, compare your contract and QOL to our contemporaries.

Idiot!!

Buscap, must have touched a nerve huh?

I wasn't running for anything.

I'm not comparing contracts.

I'm talking about New Blood, Fresh Faces, and Hope and Change.

Remember, Perception Is Reality

Last edited:
Buscap, must have touched a nerve huh?

I wasn't running for anything.

I'm not comparing contracts.

I'm talking about New Blood, Fresh Faces, and Hope and Change.

Remember, Perception Is Reality

Hope and change? You don't know how good you have it! You better just Hope that your contract doesn't Change to something worse!

PBS is a concession and more is on the way! We have been duped! Wait until everyone is flying 75 hours, with no way to build your line value!

They need to get rid of the Negotiation Chairman before he gives away the rest of the contract!

Hope and change? You don't know how good you have it! You better just Hope that your contract doesn't Change to something worse!

PBS is a concession and more is on the way! We have been duped! Wait until everyone is flying 75 hours, with no way to build your line value!

They need to get rid of the Negotiation Chairman before he gives away the rest of the contract!

I'm really confused. Wasn't this guy touting the value of PBS a few weeks ago? Now he's against it?

Either more than one person uses this account, or someone's disgruntled they didn't get an MEC position...

Given: No organization is perfect, even ALPA or the ASA MEC. This is the nature of organizations made up of people.

That being said, are ya' reallllly this jaded at ASA? Relative to our peers, ASA really doesn't have it all that bad. What exactly is it you are complaining about?

Yep- We are the proverbial discarded Snickers wrapper dabbled with dog poop and just a hint of rat spunk-floating around near the top!

-Glass Half Full!
YAAAY! GO TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really confused. Wasn't this guy touting the value of PBS a few weeks ago? Now he's against it?

Yes, you are right. I was touting it a few weeks ago. However, after closer examination as to what the unintended consequences are, or maybe the intended consequences that we were not told about, I have "officially" changed my position.

First, we are being capped on the hours we can fly in a month--socializing the lines. The credit window limits a pilot's hours to whatever the company desires. They can do that today by building lower credit lines. However, PBS will greatly reduce or eliminate Open Time. That will prevent those who want higher line values from building their line up in the Open Time process, as they are able to do today.

Secondly, this vacation "high" thing is crap. We lose again. Today, a pilot can bid a line that does little to no flying in his vacation week, which results in the 21 hours or the difference between 21 and the flying that week, added to his flying the rest of the month. It is quite easy for most pilots to get a 100 hour month under this strategy. With PBS, with the limiting credit window, and now the fact that your vacation is placed on your line during bidding to avoid conflict, the amount of hard time a pilot can be awarded is (the max of the credit window -(less) the vacation credit.) The pilot will once again be limited by the max of the credit window. In fact, a pilot will be limited to some value less than the max of the credit window, because, unless he is really lucky, he will not be able to get to the max unless there is a pairing with the exact value that can be awarded to get him near but not over the max--highly unlikely.

At the roadshow I attended, the Chairman of this committee was asked what the downsides of this PBS system were. He did not ever answer the question, but skirted it, by changing the issue. He also said the company would not save any money with PBS until we grew. After further analysis of the system, that is a bald face lie. The company will save money immeditately with PBS because they can use PBS as it is intended; it is an efficient "leveling of time" tool and does this by eliminating open time, and limiting all pilots to a line value through the initial/final bid process (now, one in the same) with no ability to increase his line value. This forces time down, making more lines, and reducing the number of reserves (not necessarily a bad thing.) Get used to making guarantee or something near it, because you will never be able to build your line value again until we get flying added back, or pilots are hired away(which may be several years away.)

This concept of pilots being able to bid to the low end of the window is also disingenuous. Even if a pilot uses his pilot threshold, most likely he will end up way over his threshold. If a pilot sets it at 60, he could have another 15 hours or so added to his line to get him over the threshold. So maybe he wanted 60 and ended up with 77 because of the way the software works. Does anyone really think this company is going to allow a large number of pilots to have a schedule that is way under guarantee, but yet, the pilots still get paid guarantee? NO WAY RAY! Everyone will be flying near at least guarantee. They now have the perfect tool to make sure of that.

Either more than one person uses this account, or someone's disgruntled they didn't get an MEC position...

To my knowledge, only one person uses this account. I am not a Politico and have not and would not serve in an elected position. However, I will let my voice be heard to those who do, since they use my dues, and yours, to take their full time leave, with expenses, to create crap like this and then lie about it. The Chairman of this committee has about 10 years of seniority, with at least 7 years on full time leave. How would he know what it is like to do our job, day in and day out? However, he is making a pretty good living off our backs, spending every night at home, and drawing about 100 hours a month. He will not have to contend with PBS for at least another 3 years, yielding him 10 years on full time leave. That's a pretty good gig.

I went to this site to read another view point than what was presented at the roadshows. It did not make alot of sense then. However, now, I think this websiste may be closer to the truth on PBS than what was presented to us at the roadshows.

NoASAPBS.com

Last edited:
To my knowledge, only one person uses this account. I am not a Politico and have not and would not serve in an elected position. However, I will let my voice be heard to those who do, since they use my dues, and yours, to take their full time leave, with expenses, to create crap like this and then lie about it. The Chairman of this committee has about 10 years of seniority, with at least 7 years on full time leave. How would he know what it is like to do our job, day in and day out? However, he is making a pretty good living off our backs, spending every night at home, and drawing about 100 hours a month. He will not have to contend with PBS for at least another 3 years, yielding him 10 years on full time leave. That's a pretty good gig.

I went to this site to read another view point than what was presented at the roadshows. It did not make alot of sense then. However, now, I think this websiste may be closer to the truth on PBS than what was presented to us at the roadshows.

NoASAPBS.com

We tried to warn you guys, but you wouldn't believe us...!!!

....closer to the truth on PBS than what was presented to us at the roadshows.
I note that the roadshows neglected to mention that a Union day is worth 60% more than it used to be. Nice raise they included for themselves, and generous of the Company to allow them to dip deeper into Union coffers.

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahah, Now you get it? To late. Just wait for the world of hurt we are in for. You gave them PBS last month and they squeeze us even more for the reserves and sick calls or fatigue calls. I for one have gone from "happy to help Brad to go F&^% yourself".

Latest resources

Back