• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cybourg10

The new combined ASA will have the following bases:

Delta: ATL, maybe MEM
United: IAH, ORD, CLE, IAD, EWR, maybe DEN

XJT is sending a bunch of planes from IAH into the UAX system which will have many going through DEN which could become a pilot base.

As an ATL guy currently at XJT of course I want to be able to bid over ASAP but I understand those that will want to protect their turf. My question is with all these new changes and growth what do you think the fences should be like once we are one big happy family? I think any new vacancy opened up after JCBA should be open to the entire list whether it is ORD, IAH, or ATL.

NO FENCES, no seatlocks. The company wanted this merger, they did due diligence, they should be 100% prepared for training costs associated with a full merger. I'm not saying there should be a system wide re-bid. But if there is a new vacancy after SOC then everyone bids for it just like you normally would. No one gets displaced, but everyone can and should bid for any vacancy. This is completely reasonable and not cost prohibitive. Let your reps know. NO FENCES!

NO FENCES, no seatlocks. The company wanted this merger, they did due diligence, they should be 100% prepared for training costs associated with a full merger. I'm not saying there should be a system wide re-bid. But if there is a new vacancy after SOC then everyone bids for it just like you normally would. No one gets displaced, but everyone can and should bid for any vacancy. This is completely reasonable and not cost prohibitive. Let your reps know. NO FENCES!

100% in agreement. As a DFW commuter based in ATL (thanks delta), IAH would be my preferred commute.

The new combined ASA will have the following bases:

Delta: ATL, maybe MEM
United: IAH, ORD, CLE, IAD, EWR, maybe DEN

XJT is sending a bunch of planes from IAH into the UAX system which will have many going through DEN which could become a pilot base.

As an ATL guy currently at XJT of course I want to be able to bid over ASAP but I understand those that will want to protect their turf. My question is with all these new changes and growth what do you think the fences should be like once we are one big happy family? I think any new vacancy opened up after JCBA should be open to the entire list whether it is ORD, IAH, or ATL.

Agree. Maybe I'm wrong but there were no fences at Delta/NWA after SOC other than 777/747 are fenced off for a while. Anyone?

747/777 fenced for 5 years from SOC? Other than that, it comes to whether or not there's a vacancy and if you should be senior enough to hold it?

Latest resources

Back