• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA bases and fences

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's see.... $2/hr more for CA and $1/hr more for FO to fly your holier than thou 700/900. Before we had to take concessions to "save the company" we made more than you 700/900 guys.

95% of the XJT pilots could care less about those planes. Get over yourselves. All I want out of this job is to make decent money and have a decent quality of life schedule. I could care less whether I fly a 777 or a BE-1900.

And did you ever think you might have priced yourself out of the 50 seat market?

First off, no.

Secondly, you didn't read my post carefully, or just didn't understand what I was trying to say. You and I are in total agreement.

How it works now is: When a vacancy opens up, there are no displacements. For instance if 10 captain slots open up in ATL, you might have 10 ATL guys upgrade. But more likely you have a few direct upgrades and a few IAD captains bidding over. They move to ATL and consequently their spots open up in IAD. Then a few people who have their bid for IAD upgrade up there (instead of ATL). The most junior IAD captain moves up, or at worst stays the most junior captain. The same goes for the most junior ATL captain. No matter which way you slice it no one gets displaced during a vacancy. A vacancy only causes upward movement. Only in a reduction do people get displaced.

Now that being said they could possibly come out with a bid say, 10 IAD reductions and 10 EWR vacancies. This will end up in a displacement of some sort unless you want to move bases. However, I think this is very unlikely when we first merge because that will guarantee a lot of training costs. Also, since we have 2 fleet types they can't just mix and match them. An IAD base with 10 CRJs and 10 ERJs just doesn't make financial sense.

The bottom line is if we are a 100% merged company with a single seniority list and a single operating certificate we should operate as a single entity--pilots included. It will be to the benefit of the vast majority of pilots for no fences. Unless there is a massive reduction you stay in your current seat and domicile. When Delta or whoever hires 100 people, we have 100 vacancies, and 100 people bid up. Just bid what you want and want what you bid.

Gotcha- I just don't want to get forced to EWR or ORD.

And did you ever think you might have priced yourself out of the 50 seat market?

No we didn't price our selves out of the market, and we made a mistake in voting for the concessions. Fortunately, we may get our rates snapped back due to some management bonuses. Then we can start negotiating our JCBA rates based on our pre-concessionary rates. I won't care about your CR7/9 until the rates are much higher.

As for the top 400 ASA guys going on top of a list, keep dreaming, the XJTALPA merger committee would never agree to that.

As for the top 400 ASA guys going on top of a list, keep dreaming, the XJTALPA merger committee would never agree to that.

Like I said...already a done deal. This is directly from my source on the committee.

Would I lie?

Will you ever get a new wig? Maybe one that looks like the white dragons hair would be cool.

I'll look into it. How did you know it was a wig?

Like I said...already a done deal. This is directly from my source on the committee.

Would I lie?

XJT guys need to calm down. He is flaming (both the poster and the guy he represents). None of this even gets talked about until after XJT and ASA vote and pass a joint contract. Then discussions on merging the lists happen and the pilots have NO say in how that goes. Strictly the negotiators and if they can't agree the arbitrator gets the final say. And like it or not that will be it.

With thinking like that, you have yourself a very bright future in airline management.

Hey Boss, obviously you don't know Texx!

Latest resources

Back