• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New American Logo Voting........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I vote for keeping the new livery in its entirety. I think it suits the 'new' American very well. Going to the classic tail wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily, it just would look to be the slightly odd juxtaposition it is. At least in my opinion.

They were never really going to change the livery, but they wanted the employees to feel like they had a choice in the matter. If you really want to see if the employees have any real input in this decision, call DP's bluff and have every employee vote for the old tail and see what happens. Good luck to the new American either way, but this just seems like an unnecessary distraction when the new Airline has much bigger fish to fry.

I think they did this because of all the complaints about the new paint scheme. The tail is hideous and completely doesn't match the overcast gloomy gray of the body.

Obviously they don't want to repaint all the planes that have been changed but the tail may seem to be a good compromise.

They were never really going to change the livery, but they wanted the employees to feel like they had a choice in the matter.

Bingo. Even the hub/wings website has a "small print" note that "voting doesn't decide the paint job" it just puts out a feeler as to what the employees want.

Personally I like the classic and have expressed my opinion of the new "cartoon" paint job. That being said the example they posted in the "voting" of the classic tail looks boring as others above have stated.

If they took away that eagle beak symbol and put the classic stripes down the fuselage with the classic tail it would look better. Maybe they are trying to push us to "vote" for the new paint by offering a crappy depiction of the classic tail.

Anyway I could care less at this point. Paint a giant cock and balls on the jet for all I care.

DP made the mistake of keeping the name of USAirways. I say the more change the better. That's the only way to avoid the misconception that one airline is adding people to the list, when in fact it is an entirely new airline comprised of bits from all the involved airlines. When one group feels they are the only legitimate members of the airline, they either feel proud of their generosity that they would welcome "newbies" or they feel entitled to "haze" the smaller group. Neither tactic builds the required unity for success.

Parker needs to come in and strongly lay out what will be expected and what will not be tolerated with respect to behavior among employees and not try to be everyone's (or anyone's) friend. I'm afraid this survey on the tail is just the same mistake he made when he tried to buddy-buddy with the east and they whined about the smile on the PSA jet and the color of the Piedmont one.

Be firm, be consistent and be courageous and even DP can manage to epoxy 3 different cultures into one successful business.

I voted for the new tail. The old one reminds me of 9/11 and 587. The new one makes me think of the huge check I just got.

1499690_10152879531973475_1302553580_n.jpg

^^^No

Latest resources

Back