• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ALPA President

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you read his bio I think you will find this is the guy we need to turn things around. He has seen it all.

Woerth goes from $400K ALPA job to million-dollar lobbyist.

Not necessarily-he may never work again. ATA and RAA might just pass the hat and give him a $50 mil. or so "thank you" for all the money they've saved on pilot pay on his watch.

Being a Washington insider was a selling point for Woerth?

HELLO! Washington insiders ARE the F'ing problem in this country. :rolleyes: TC

Almost half of the voters voted for DW.... Who? Why?.....

Why? Experience, results, relationships on Capital Hill, etc... Captain Woerth has done an admirable job during an extremely difficult time in this industry. I'm sorry to see him go, as are about half of the other reps out here at the BOD. It was a difficult day.

That being said, I will now stand behind Captain Prater fully. Although I was a Woerth supporter, that election is over, and it's time to put it behind us. Captain Prater will have a difficult few months ahead as he prepares for this job, and he needs the support of everyone.

Also, I think everyone is focusing too much on a single election. The BOD elected all four national Officers today. All of these positions are important, not just that of the President.

Captain Paul Rice was elected to First Vice President. He has extensive experience having done ALPA work for decades, and he leaves the office of VP-Admin, a job he has done superbly.

Captain Bill Couette was elected VP-Admin, replacing Captain Rice in that position. This is a very notable election, because Bill is the only Officer from a "regional" airline. This gives the regional airlines more exposure in the national arena, something that many have been looking for for a long time.

Captain Chris Beebe was re-elected to the position of VP-Finance. Captain Beebe has done a superb job during a horrible period of revenue reduction for this Association. Thanks to his leadership, we are in excellent financial shape, even after years of declining dues revenue.

Many excellent ALPA volunteers were also elected and re-elected to EVP slots. The national Officers get so much attention, but it's important to remember that it's the EVPs on the Executive Council that set ALPA policy and set the course for this Association. These are the guys that are really in the driver's seat, and it would seem that we are in good hands.

If you read his bio I think you will find this is the guy we need to turn things around. He has seen it all.
You can put an new leader at ENRON but all you still have is--- ENRON! If you want things to turn around, get rid of the REAL problem....alpa

THEBEST

Captain Chris Beebe was re-elected to the position of VP-Finance. Captain Beebe has done a superb job during a horrible period of revenue reduction for this Association. Thanks to his leadership, we are in excellent financial shape, even after years of declining dues revenue.

I'm sure Beebe had his hands full making sure that Woerth maintained his $400,000+ per year salary during these times of "declining dues revenue" (ie. 25% paycuts and massive furloughs)

John's track record speaks for itself. The man is relentless when it comes to tackling the tough issues especially when dealing with management. John backs down from no one and it will be interesting to see his approach with big government. dang shame......was really looking forward to having him as the head of our '08 negotiating committee.:pimp:

How does the election for ALPA president work? Do all ALPA members vote or does only the BOD do the actual voting, supposedly representing their members?

Latest resources

Back