• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ALPA President

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, everyone at ALPA National really has their work cut out for them. It'll be a huge project trying to convince Prater to maintain the status quo.

Hogs at the trough. :angryfire TC

Why? Experience, results, relationships on Capital Hill, etc... Captain Woerth has done an admirable job during an extremely difficult time in this industry. I'm sorry to see him go, as are about half of the other reps out here at the BOD. It was a difficult day.

That being said, I will now stand behind Captain Prater fully. Although I was a Woerth supporter, that election is over, and it's time to put it behind us. Captain Prater will have a difficult few months ahead as he prepares for this job, and he needs the support of everyone.

Also, I think everyone is focusing too much on a single election. The BOD elected all four national Officers today. All of these positions are important, not just that of the President.

Captain Paul Rice was elected to First Vice President. He has extensive experience having done ALPA work for decades, and he leaves the office of VP-Admin, a job he has done superbly.

Captain Bill Couette was elected VP-Admin, replacing Captain Rice in that position. This is a very notable election, because Bill is the only Officer from a "regional" airline. This gives the regional airlines more exposure in the national arena, something that many have been looking for for a long time.

Captain Chris Beebe was re-elected to the position of VP-Finance. Captain Beebe has done a superb job during a horrible period of revenue reduction for this Association. Thanks to his leadership, we are in excellent financial shape, even after years of declining dues revenue.

Many excellent ALPA volunteers were also elected and re-elected to EVP slots. The national Officers get so much attention, but it's important to remember that it's the EVPs on the Executive Council that set ALPA policy and set the course for this Association. These are the guys that are really in the driver's seat, and it would seem that we are in good hands.

Since you are a member of the BOD and were in attendance yesterday could you please post something about my friend Pat Burke. I heard that he made a very heartfelt emotional speech that was very well received by all in attendence. Thank you in advance I would sincerely appreciate it.

"offensive action" I like the new words.

General Patton once said he would rather have a german division in front of him than a french one behind him....

Au revoir Capitaine Worth! Au revoir!

Last edited:
Since you are a member of the BOD and were in attendance yesterday could you please post something about my friend Pat Burke. I heard that he made a very heartfelt emotional speech that was very well received by all in attendence. Thank you in advance I would sincerely appreciate it.

Your information is correct. Captain Burke is truly a classy individual. He had been running for the office of VP-Administration against Bill Couette. Pat came to the podium and began his nomination speech, but choked up about half-way through and withdrew his candidacy to support Bill. He probably had the election in the bag, but decided that having a regional pilot in a national office was what was best for the profession and for the Association. He gave up the position to do what he felt was the right thing. The remainder of his speech was extremely emotional and inspiring, and he received a standing ovation when he was finished. I and many others made a point of talking with him afterwards. Pat is a great man and a true trade unionist, and I hope that he finds other work to do for the Association.

elections

guys/gals it was trully amazing to witness. There were so many emotions throughout the room. Your leaders, especially Burke, do/did what is best for ALPA and not themselves. It was inspiring. Your national officers have INTEGRITY. Bill C's speech was very emotional as well. The most dramatic I think was Prader's Election. When the vote count was announced EVERYONE in the room stood, turned and began clapping. It's very cliche to say but I can't begin to describe what it was like to be there and witness history when the vote count was read. Undescribable I guess. The vote was split by 920 votes I believe. So roughly 450 votes or just one or possibly two local reps determined our entire national unions direction. It was a busy week so I have to pass out.

oh yeah...hope everyone enjoyed Club Mesa...and those canadians were CRAZY!!

Last edited:
Can you imagine this industry without ALPA. Pilots would be making 20K a year with no pay during training. They would be forced into sleeping on the plane and flying lines that preclude sleep.

Oh wait.... Yeah... uhh go ALPA.

Roger that. Time to fix it.

A few things.....

Democracy Rules.

All of the relationship building that Woerth has done will have to be rebuilt by Prater. Prater will have to depend on Rice and Beebe for introductions. When the Scretarty of the DOT has a meeting and Prater shows up he will have to start from scratch.

Woerth may have lost the election becuase he did not maintain a connection with the membership. I think that is true. And I think that is a valid fault.

Now that DW is out and the Pater in... what do all of the mouths on this message board expect? Can you talk about it professionally and pragmatically? We all know the mouths want the respect, pride and compensation but HOW do you expect Prater to do that!

Do they expect Prater to reverse the membership votes on the UAL, DAL and NWA concessionary contracts?

Now that Prater is the new Prez... what about these numbers?

LEC meeting particaption 5%
LEC voter participation 35%
ALPA-PAC particapation 15%

Are you going to get involved in your airline career or are you going to continue to sit in the stands and watch a new driver take your career out for a spin? Does it take a Presidential change to motivate you?

I fear that in 18 months all of the mouths will be disrespecting Prater and ALPA all while the particaption numbers won't even change.....

Finally, I really don't care if it is Woerth or Prater or ALPA or another union name. Our effectiveness is directly tied to our particpation. To put all of your hopes into one man is irresponsible and foolish.... oh wait this is FI.

Latest resources

Back