• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great, just what the business needs right now.

I can see your point but when you're out of work, ya try and find work.. or better yet Captain, where do you live? I'll come mow the lawn since you probably make 200k flying a 737...

Same guy that ran Air Resorts out of CRQ. They are in the process of getting CRJ 700's. So they say. They also do not have a certificate yet. Air Resorts was not a good outfit, but a job is a job I guess. They will probably officially start interviewing shortly, although I understand they have already hired a few local guys with RJ types.

Any connections to people at air resorts, it can't be good!

There was an article posted awhile back about some multi-millionaire that wanted to start up PSA again. Of course its not Pacific South West Airlines but thats probably the name of this new airline.

I can see your point but when you're out of work, ya try and find work.. or better yet Captain, where do you live? I'll come mow the lawn since you probably make 200k flying a 737...

I nominate this as Post of the Year for FI!

This is most likely Ted Vallas. Owner/Operator of Bonanza, Flight Trails and Air Resorts. Not Resort Air owned by a California car dealer. All the prior mentioned airlines are gone. Based out of Carlsbad, last operated CV-580's bought from Northwest via the Republic merger. Had some piston 340's and 440's running some government flights out of North Island and San Clemente. Closed the doors around 1992-1993.
Ted must be near 88 years old and is published mentioning that it will take 18 months to receive a 121 certificate. Maybe trying to get the old Air Resorts certificate back. Initially the name being passed around is Carlsbad-Palomar Airlines. Vallas needs the short runway at Carlsbad extended by a 1000 feet for the new operation. So far, Carlsbad is only getting a new terminal and other existing structured up-grades.
Good news, his former DO has passed away and CP is long in the tooth and not flying. Both made it a tough place to work back in the day. Maintenance was terrible and violating FAR's was the norm.
One of thier captains was held for ransom by a south-of-the-border federalli over a 2 million dollar overdue fuel bill.
I think I would not hold my breath if this operation ever gets started.

Did see 2 CR7 or CR9's on the SKW hanger ramp in TUS. Odd paint....white with orange tails?

Latest resources

Back