Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjpilot7667

Hello All,

I will begin operating a New (to us) aircraft in August and the boss has a trip scheduled for Europe in the weeks to follow. Besides an Ops Manual, MNPS LOA and RVSM LOA What other Requirements do I need to meet?

Thanks!

IS-BAO is certainly not a requirement but may help you become knowledgable with compliance requirements.

As Chriskcmo said, you need the permanent reg, not a pink. You can have them hurry it up(supposedly) if you issue a form stating intentions of int'l flight.

LOA's: MNPS, RVSM, P-RNAV/B-RNAV, RNP, ADS-B Out(if equipped), MEL

Other: SMS, Link 2000+, TCAS with 7.1, 8.33Mhz radios, both crew rated in the aircraft, Insurance that shows appropriate coverage(many EU countries have specific minimum liability limits(a CL30 is about $150M but that number changes with exchange rate so go with $200M)), Save yourself hassle and get a Class I medical(Class II meets ICAO but they get confused)....all I can think of there.

Make sure your company shows up as operator under the AGHME results(required every 2 years or 1000 hours, whichever longer)

ETS - you do that ex post facto. Have fun with that.

Make your FSDO aware ASAP if you want the appropriate LOA's to be completed in a timely manner. They likely won't do anything until they see the C of A and see the registration show up in the OKC database with your info.

Last edited:
I would like to also suggest:
1. MEL to use MMEL as an MEL LOA
2. Previous flight logs 30 days, Aircraft Status sheet, Aircraft Discrepancy Log, and Differed MX Log
3. International Manual and SMS Manual
4. Copy of your noise certificate
5. Aircraft or Fleet FCC Radio Station license
6. US customs 2013 decal and set up your eAPIS account
7. Fuel Card(s)
8. European Union Insurance
9. $300m Liability War risk coverage EU
10. High Visibility Vest EU
11. ELT Status sheet and ELT Registration
12. Air transport Canada Registration

Hope you have a great first trip!

Also look up a SAFA checklist and make sure you have readily available those items on checklist or know where they are in the aircraft just in case you get ramp checked.

New first plane to buy

Might have a chance to be in on a ground floor opertunity. This person is sick of the airlines. So he's thinking of buying a plan and whats a jet. What would be the best first jet plane to buy? Domistic flying,2-6 pax. I have 5 hrs jet, 4600tt,2100me,1000turbine ATP/MEI.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back