• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Air Taxi Operation - Crandall & Burr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read an article in AIN about the venture. It has ordered 150 Adam A700 light twinjets to be delivered over several years - each to be crewed by 2 pilots. Evidently the "air taxi" will provide on-demand service from specific focus cities at first (NYC, Chicago, LA, ATL, etc.) with costs of roughly $3-4 dollars per mile for the passengers (not bad if you fill the 4 seats in the back). Most flights would fly up to 500-700 miles from each focus city with ultimately 75-100 airplanes operating per focus city (very long-term).

$3-4 dollars per mile sounds pretty competitive - especially if you fill the 4 passenger seats... The Adams A700 looks like a fun airplane to fly - sounds like this operation could potentially create a lot of pilot jobs. Looks like they are setting up the financing as we type - I wish them luck! It would be interesting to watch if it happens.

aeronautic1 said:
... a TSA Agent at every small strip in America!!
You're kidding, right? You seem to think that when all these new light jets hit the skies, the TSA will develop some sense? No way. 12-15 TSA agents at every small strip is more like it! :eek:

taxi

Not related nor is a TSA agent required for air taxi operations. This is not scheduled service but on demand charter in its purest form.

I saw 'em up close

I was stuck at APA last week waiting to get out of maintenance, and went over to Adam Aircraft for a look see. The sales guy gave me a real nice tour, even a ride out to their hangar to see the A-500 and the A-700.

These things are about the size of a C421 inside. Not much baggage room. About 310-330 KTAS cruise, 1,000 mile range. It would make a nice personal airplane.

I can't see jobs flying these things paying much.

Pay would not be good, but you sure would get some attention on the ramp... However, that and $4 will buy you coffee at Starbucks...

On Your Six said:
Pay would not be good, but you sure would get some attention on the ramp... However, that and $4 will buy you coffee at Starbucks...
Is the pay 4 dollars or a cup of coffee at Starbucks. You think the bottomfeeding scum sucker 135 pay is bad now, just wait 'til this hits the tarmac!! Every minimum wage Outback Steakhouse waiter with an ERAU degree will be standing in line for these jobs!!!

Latest resources

Back