• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AAI ALPA Strategy: Fire SWA Haters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think BOS has a great shot at the CUP!

Also, I'd like to add: this thread says "fire Southwest hatters" - is he indeed a Southwest hatter?

Also, where are all the Tranny Captains' in MDW. I mean, all I have seen is FO walking around. Now, I know they didn't get there themselves... so where are all the Captain's hanging out in MDW?

Is MDW the worst place to go these days? Do the AT Pilots think we are going to jump them? Club them at C's?

Many of you guys here on FI are treating it as if you're getting hosed, and that WE are the enemy, when frankly, we have far more to lose than you do.
SOME of your guys started acting like the enemy.

Bob Dylan, Bill Nelson, 400Ahole, Vixen, and the rest of the "staple 'em or sell 'em" crowd have done more damage to your side than the guy that dropped off the chalupa in the urinal at the first meet and greet.

Last edited:
I think its going to be ok...only 3% of AT Pilots are on this forum.

SOME of your guys started acting like the enemy.

Bob Dylan, Bill Nelson, 400Ahole, Vixen, and the rest of the "staple 'em or sell 'em" crowd have done more damage to your side than the guy that dropped off the chalupa in the urinal at the first meet and greet.

If what a few anonymous people say on FI has ANY impact on this SLI, we are all in trouble. If that is the case, I think L70's thread begging for a staple will hurt you guys more.

The SLI is not gonna be solved on FI. We all have our opinions on what if fair and equitable, and arguing about it on here does nothing. Let the NCs do their jobs. Hopefully, we can come to a negotiated agreement, and if not, the process will play out and we get what we get. What's the worst thing that could happen, especially on the AT side?

Also, where are all the Tranny Captains' in MDW. I mean, all I have seen is FO walking around. Now, I know they didn't get there themselves... so where are all the Captain's hanging out in MDW?

This is one of the little known secrets of Guadalupe Air. I suppose now is a good time to reveal it to our new step siblings.

When the parking checklist is completed at MDW the FO's begin their 'other duties'; The Captain is Tased into a semi-conscious state. Never more than twice in a two minute period. The Captain is then placed in a black rubberized bondage suit and stored on a shelf in operations.

The FO's are then free to get lunch or have a cup of coffee. The process is then reversed prior to the next flight.

Look for slight burn marks on the necks of our Captains if you need proof.
Welcome to the family. :pimp:

................"I think what he is implying is that if you think your seniority at AT with less longevity than a SWA guy means something, then you might be the one that is disappointed with the SLI. All we really expect is that you be realistic with your expectations. Just as you think a staple is unrealistic (which I, for one, agree), so do we think that relative seniority (which you espouse, and which would actually be damaging to a SWA pilots career) is unrealistic, to the extreme. Maybe you don't think so, but we will fight tooth and nail to prove you wrong. I'm a friend of Tri's, and I'm pretty sure that's what he's implying - and he's pretty much spot on as to the SWA guys feelings on your "relative dreams". If that's what your implying. ........"

My question should have specified:

Is there a FIRST OFFICER pilot on the SWA seniority that is senior to the most junior Captain?

When that First Officer wants to upgrade does he bump the most junior Captain out of his seat or do they bid from the available vacancies at the various bases?

Just trying to understand your upgrade process?

Airtran's process allows for pilots to bid for available vacancies at various bases for the Captain positions that become available. If a MCO captain wants to bid for a Captain vacancy in ATL and their seniority number can hold then they are awarded that bid. If an ATL FO wants to bid MCO captain and nobody senior to him bids for that seat then they are awarded that bid. If the next bid comes out and there are no MCO captain bids available a senior captain in ATL can not bump that guy who just bid that seat the month prior.
It is all about what your seniority will hold at a particular base when the VACANCY is announced.

It works pretty much the same way here, only we have monthly vacancy bids. They add and subtract seats as needed in each domicile.

You generally can't bump a junior guy out of a domicile, but IIRC, there are some provisions during displacements that can get someone bumped, but I can't recall the details.

The SLI is not gonna be solved on FI. We all have our opinions on what if fair and equitable, and arguing about it on here does nothing. Let the NCs do their jobs. Hopefully, we can come to a negotiated agreement, and if not, the process will play out and we get what we get.

Agreed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back