• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

caseyd

If there was any doubt who'd run the thing:

June 10, 2013

Dear American and US Airways Team Members,

Today I am pleased to announce the senior leadership team that has been selected to lead the new American Airlines. The team we are naming today is comprised of senior leaders from both American and US Airways. As individuals, they each have outstanding industry expertise and experience. Collectively, they form the best team in the industry. The team will be comprised of:

? Scott Kirby: President
? Elise Eberwein: Executive Vice President, People and Communications
? Bev Goulet: Chief Integration Officer
? Robert Isom: Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer of US Airways, Inc. post-close
? Steve Johnson: Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs
? Derek Kerr: Chief Financial Officer
? Maya Leibman: Chief Information Officer
? Will Ris: Senior Vice President, Government Affairs

Scott, Elise, Robert, Steve and Derek will join the new American from US Airways. Bev, Maya and Will join from American.

I also wanted to let you know that Dan Garton will step down as President and Chief Executive Officer of American Eagle Airlines later this year. We will name a successor prior to Dan?s departure.

I could not be happier about this team. They are an intelligent, results-oriented and energetic group who enjoy working collaboratively. They are experienced airline executives who understand and love our business. They care about our customers and are dedicated to providing industry leading customer service with an unwavering commitment to safety. They understand they work for the shareholders of the new American and that their job is to reward the shareholders? confidence in all of us.

And?they know that the only way they can accomplish all of those things is by engaging, motivating and respecting the more than 100,000 hard-working team members of the new American. Our job is to support all of you ? to give you the tools and information you need to do your jobs and then let you do it as the exceptional and experienced group of aviation professionals you are. This team was built to do just that.

Mergers unfortunately result in departures, and there are some on both teams, but I want to use this opportunity to specifically thank some of the outstanding senior executives at American. The American restructuring is far and away the most successful in aviation history and it would not be possible without the exceptional and dedicated work of people like Dan Garton, Bella Goren, Gary Kennedy, Denise Lynn, Jim Ream, Jon Snook and Virasb Vahidi. We are grateful for their phenomenal work and dedication and are committed to building on the foundation they have put in place.

It is time to move forward and this announcement is a key step on the path. The merger is progressing well and we continue to expect it will close in the third quarter of this year. We anticipate naming additional officers in the weeks ahead and will have the entire officer team selected by the time the merger closes, if not sooner. Looking ahead, I am confident that the new American will continue to provide great leadership opportunities for managers from both companies. In the meantime, please keep up the great work in support of our customers.

I am excited about today?s announcement but even more excited about the years ahead and the opportunity to work with all of you. In fact, I can?t wait to get started. Thank you so much for your support and your commitment to the new American Airlines ? we will be one team soon.

Doug

Meet the new bosses.

Same as the old bosses.

I think each of them will be unpleasantly surprised when they play their chickensh!t games with a pilot group like 'Murican. They have more of a backbone and a larger % of remaining spirit.

We here at US Airways are mostly broken house pets and are quite busy fighting amongst ourselves to pose any real challenge to these Harvard business types.

Gonna be fun...and profitable!

Who will be the VP of Flight Ops? JH from AA or his opposite number from LCC?

That decision will probably have a bigger impact on pilots than who is collecting bonuses in the ivory tower.

"I also wanted to let you know that Dan Garton will step down as President and Chief Executive Officer of American Eagle Airlines later this year. We will name a successor prior to Dan?s departure."

Who is running PSA and PDT these days? KH still at PSA? and is MS running PDT?

Uh, we making bank, sonnn.

Near top performance numbers too.

The same unintentional warship grounding doosh-nozzle at PDT as always. Steve Farrow.

Seems like the only people jumping for joy is Doug Parker and his new executive team at the new American Airlines. Let's have a vote of confidence here.........

Latest resources

Back