New 75th Anniversary Photo, Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sort of reminds me of this AA bird...

Now wer're talking! That retro livery really conjures up the glory days of air travel! Paint 'em all like that!

You would think with all of the money being lost and people laid off etc., etc... the last thing they'd be spending money on would be a kick'n paint job.. Oh well, our tax money at work... :rolleyes:

It's not really a waste...

I've been told airframes are only painted when their time comes up every so many years. So, whether it gets repainted in the old scheme or a new one doesn't make a difference except the cost of the paint.

Delta sure has had their fair share of new paint schemes over the last few years though... The connection carriers can't keep up with them for crying out loud. I think Comair's got at least three different schemes on their birds. The anniversary schemes wasn't a cheap one either. I just think given the situation it's a little inappropriate. I really don't think an airplane with an anniversary paint job is going to help the bottom line any.

Look at Southwest, they're making all kinds of money with brown, orange, and tan!!!

Does anyone know how much a different paint job costs? Lets assume the aircraft did need new paint. How much would it cost to design and actually paint the plane that way?

I believe the 767 in question had already been painted in the new "Leo" paint livery.

The whole thing is a waste of money as far as I am concerned.

I can understand a 100th anniversary but what is so important about a 75th anniversary????

Never understood the concern over paint jobs. When I was hanging around at Widget Wonderland, guys would get all wrapped around the axle over the "wide variety" of paint schemes. They'd even write letters to the Head Shed about it. Well, the pax don't care, the management doesn't care, so why should anyone care ? Some of the airplanes did look a bit like tramp steamers with wings, though. But, pax don't care, the management doesn't care....

RJ cap

The 75th anniversary is probably more important than a 100th year aniversary, because Delta will not make it to a 100th year celebration.......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back