• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 75th Anniversary Photo, Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good-lookin' paint job. Hard to believe what has become of Delta since this jet was bought by employees in 1982 (or so).

With this jet's paint scheme, plus SONG, plus the "old" Delta, the "new" Delta, and the Leo bath towel, there could be 5 paint jobs on the ATL ramp. Think of the possible Mr Potato Head combinations of nose colors, engine covers, etc.

Makes me want to "celebrate" the Delta family spirit we have right now.......I have flown that particular bird a few times-----we call the 767-200 the "tank" or "truck" because it kind of lumbers through the sky and has really sensitive brakes.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Wasn't that airplane, "The Spirit of Delta" the very first 767 Delta put online? If so I was at TPA when it landed on it's maiden flight from Atlanta in 1983 or so. I wasn't a pilot then but just a young enthusiast dreaming of flying one day.

IHF

American's 757 sure is a lot better looking than Delta's 767 IMHO. The best looking plane in the fleet is the ATR, it has serious MoJo.

Atleast delta management has its priorities straight.
Nothing like a sinking ship of an airline spending money they don't have on an expensive paint job for np good reason!

Designer uniforms, changing paint scheams(sp) every couple of years, bonuses to retain the very talented executives who are responsible for all this in the first place, only to have most jump ship as soon as they get the money all while thousands of employees jobs are at stake!

Who cares what it looks like good or bad, What a waste!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back